8

Without heading back to the hotel Yoona moved forward with the plan. She’d been placed with the group led by Lee Jung Hwa, to her luck. The two small black cars stopped in front of the City Hall and they all stepped out. Police tape had been issued everywhere and they had to crawl underneath the tape in order to get inside.

Lee Jung Hwa pulled open the doors leading them inside explaining that they were to get a good look at everything before moving for the woods. Their first mission was to observe and look for anything the inspection team may have missed. Yoona thought it was pointless. The inspection team should have spent two nights at the City Hall investigating already, what point did the observation mission have to do with observing what the inspection team already did?

Yoona glanced down the hall where the red carpet ran and noticed the large chandelier on the ground being readied to be picked up by a garbage team in the morning. Lee Jung Hwa explained that the fugitive had shot it down in order to distract them and run. Yoona decided the fugitive was smart and the security had done a poor job that night. She glanced at the furniture and down the hallway wondering if it led to a mass conference room of some sort.

The FBI led them up the stairs to the murder site and on the way there Yoona couldn’t help but stare at the blood on the ground. The men that had died had obviously been some heavy people and the fugitive had done some good job shooting at their critical points.

The carpet extended down the hall and Yoona entered the room where the president’s son had last lived his life. As the rest gathered at the front of the desk to speak and assume their own conclusions she headed toward the windows. At first she’d been excited by the high buildings across the street but as she inched to her right closer to the group she felt a cold air breeze against her face. Confused about where it was coming from she glanced around and noticed it at last.

Third window to the right was where a small air hole, that didn’t even have a radius of 2 centimeters, sat near the corner of the window. It would have been missed by a person who wasn’t careful enough with inspecting. Yoona felt her brain spin quickly. Through her training sessions with guns she’d worked with Glocks, Revolvers, and Rifles and of all kinds of guns that fell under those categories. She’d once worked with a sniper rifle but had never shot it at anyone. A sniper rifle?

Yoona’s eyes immediately fled to the buildings from across the street.

“Sir,” she called, “maybe it wasn’t anyone on the inside who’d made a shot.”

Everyone turned their attention to her.

“Look at this,” Yoona carefully pointed to the hole in the window, “and those buildings across the street. It’s the perfect distance for a sniper to aim and make a shot at the president’s son.”

“Are you kidding me?” one of the deputies asked, a tall man with a brown sweater on.

“It looks like just a crack in the window.” one of the woman added.

“Are you sure you know what you’re doing here?” another woman spoke.

“It doesn’t look like you know about guns, nor have you ever shot one in your whole life,” someone else added onto her ridiculing list.

“I’ll have authorities check it, we’ll put it into consideration Deputy Im,” Lee Jung Hwa said after a long moment of staring. “Enough, lets move out to the woods.”

Yoona watched as the rest snickered at her and walked out, she followed almost reluctantly.

The leaves crunched under her feet as the trees remained like statues beside, in front, and behind them. It seemed just the perfect place for a hide and seek game in the dark, that is if the hiders and seekers were wearing dark clothing. Yoona imagined how the fugitive may have pounced the securities while hiding behind the trees. She found herself silently complimenting the fugitive for having done such a thing.