4

“Yah…” Taecyeon felt his mouth drop open once he realized what she was wearing.

Quickly going toward her he pulled her up by the arm and Donghae watched as they headed to one of the rooms. Before they entered the room he didn’t miss the way she limped alongside him barely able to walk at a normal pace.

- - - - -

Yoona awoke late but found her mother in the kitchen still.

“Morning, mom.” Yoona greeted sitting at the table.

“You’re awake?” her mother smiled. “Your father says you’re going on a big job this week. How long will you be gone? Have you talked to Donghae about the wedding?”

“Ah…that…” Yoona began, “we decided to put it off till I get back.”

“That’s a shame but it’s a good thing he understands your busy schedule.”

Yoona pursed her lips and didn’t say any more.

“What day is it that you’re leaving?” her mother asked placing an empty plate in front of her.

“Tomorrow at the earliest, or Monday at the latest. Are you going to send me?”

“And pack you a box. Home food is the best anywhere you go.”

“Of course, no one beats mother’s cooking.”

- - - - -

Taecyeon, for the first time, found himself standing face to face with the girl he’d almost run over last night. She looked well, but her body wasn’t in good shape. Other than the exaggerated bruise on her left leg she also looked like she’d taken some other hits too.

“Are you ok?” he first asked.

“I’m fine.” she replied monotonously.

He looked at her again, “Do you hurt anywhere?”

“No,” she simply answered, “if I sit around for a few days the bruises will disappear in no time. No big deal.”

How could a girl simply shrug something like that off as if it were nothing at all? It was the first time he’d heard such words from a girl.

“Where are your clothes?”

“I washed them.”

Taecyeon pursed his lips then handed her the grocery bag, “I bought some band-aids for you. Bandage yourself up.” he turned toward the door. “When did he get here?’

“A few minutes ago.”

Taecyeon looked at her in a way as if he wanted to say something more but didn’t. “You stay in here.”

When he got out he found Donghae standing with arms crossed. A look that meant he was in trouble glittered in Donghae’s eyes.

“Is there a reason why you’re here?” Taecyeon got straight to the point.

“Of course there’s a reason why I’m here. You may know it, too.”

Taecyeon was silent. “Did I do something wrong at the company?”

“More than wrong. Where were you last night and what did you do, you shouldn’t be asking me.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t understand…”

“Ok,” Donghae nodded with arms still crossed, “we received supplies a few days ago. You were in charge of watching the process and make sure that no one stole anything. There’s an important client to my business, if I lose him everyone goes down with me. There were some valuable things that were his. Where did it go?”