66

Taecyeon left a half hour later after he'd cleared the dishes. Victoria took a long hot shower feeling the water run over her body for the last time. With wet hair she lie in bed and stared into the dark wondering if she'd totally released herself from attachments to the world.

Donghae's smiling face flashed in her eyes, Yoona's forlorn look of despair, and Taecyeon's peaceful expression appeared to her one by one. From the corner of her eyes Victoria felt tears form and in order to restrain them she closed her eyes and placed her arm over her face.

- - - - -

Donghae was ready to knock out in his white hotel room after the long hall lecture. He lie awake in his white fluffy bed leaning against two fat pillows propped against the headrest. A yellow silhouette cast itself across the wall from the lamp he'd turned on.

Despite the comfy aura of it all, he couldn't settle his mind down. Ever since the day Victoria had officially turned him down there had been something silently digging at the back of his mind. He just couldn't pin out what it was.

"I'm sorry...that you had to meet me."

"Thank you for teaching me how to skate, taking me out to eat, giving me the opportunity to feel like a person again, and thank you for taking me on my first date. I promise I won't forget it."

It took a long moment for Donghae to suddenly realize it. He sat up with surprise shaking his mind.

"That's it..." he found himself muttering.

If he recalled Victoria had once told him that there were two phrases she never used, ever. Thank you and I'm sorry. But he was sure...she'd used those two phrases before crying to him.

He felt surprised again by that fact.

Victoria never showed him her tears...but yet at that moment she did.

The big word that only mattered at that minute was: WHY?

Donghae reached for his cellphone and quickly dialed Taecyeon's phone number only to be met with his voice message. He called Yoona but she didn't pick up either. Worried he couldn't sleep but as soon as the sun rose up to the sky he gathered his luggage and woke his secretary up.

- - - - -

It was near afternoon and Taecyeon was anxious to get off work. He wanted to get Victoria and take her out for a meal. After yesterday, he was becoming to think that she wasn't taking care of herself as she promised him she would. However, just before break he met Donghae by the doors. Taecyeon came to a small pause before continuing forward, yet, only to be stopped when Donghae gripped his arm.

Taecyeon glanced at his gesture then looked at him.

"Lets talk." Donghae started.

"I don't have time." Taecyeon declined.

"We need to talk," Donghae repeated. "It's important."

"My affair is important as well," Taecyeon rebounded.

Donghae clearly gritted his teeth, "In my office, now."

Taecyeon later found himself standing in front of Donghae's large polished wooden desk irritated by the fact that he'd been dragged there against his will.

"You and Victoria still live together in your apartment, right?" Donghae asked.

Taecyeon felt his eyebrow go up feeling even more annoyed.

"What does it have to do with you?"

Donghae didn't move his eyes off Taecyeon's stubborn face. "Victoria looked for me the other day."