34

Jung Min lunged at her without a second's hesitation. Victoria threw her arm up to block his attack but instead found blood seeping from the knife wound she'd received. Moving back Jung Min smiled, the blade sparkling clearly in the dark.

"That's dirty." Victoria mumbled.

"Just my style, don't you agree?" Jung Min cocked his head.

"This'll take just five minutes." Victoria inched her right foot back and held her fists out.

"Getting your gears on at last?" he teased and ran at her again.

Victoria stepped back with her tennis shoes screeching against the gym floor and bent her body back. As Jung Min ran pass her, Victoria threw her leg up and kicked his shoulder with all the might she could summon. He gave a shout dropping to the ground. Spinning around Victoria slammed her feet onto the wrist of the hand that gripped the knife steadily. Jung Min let out a wailing scream similar to a dying dog.

"Yah! Stop!" a voice interrupted her.

Victoria turned around with eyes wide as the gym lights came on one by one. Taecyeon stood by the door with a clear shocked expression. The bag of chicken in his grasp.

Jung Min used this moment of interruption to push Victoria down and rushed out of the gym bringing the knife with him. Turning her head to watch him flee Victoria's body jumped up on impulse to run after him. Before she could make it out of the door Taecyeon grabbed her arm stopping her.

"Yah!" Victoria shouted, her voice at the top of her lungs before she noticed Taecyeon's hard stare turn down to look at the blood running over his hand.

Taecyeon paced back and forth in the living room putting his hand up to his forehead every now and then before he would let it drop to his side. He'd then turn to watch Victoria patch up her wound professionally.

"Are you sure you're doing it right?" he'd ask. "Shouldn't we go to the hospital?"

"Do you want me to break your arm?" Victoria threatened.

Taecyeon became quiet then would start pacing again. Victoria shot a few glances at him wondering how much of the fight had he seen. After she wrapped the bandage around her arm she tossed the bag of first aid aside and leaned back into the couch.

"When did you come by?"

"You're asking how much I saw?" he rephrased the question.

Victoria didn't reply.

"All of it. When he started jumping at you and when you attacked him mercilessly." Taecyeon told. "Who are you?"

"Do you still think you have the right to ask me that?" she questioned threateningly.

Taecyeon didn't turn. "Are you going to twist my arm behind my back?"

"I could. In a split second I could knock you out." Victoria smirked.

"I asked you a question." Taecyeon repeated. "I let you stay here for two weeks now. You owe me an explanation about what that was all about."

"I'm being hunted," Victoria replied quickly.

"What?"

"Didn't I say it?"

Taecyeon gulped. "You..."

"I told you, so why are you acting dumb in front of me?" Victoria asked turning on her serious mode.

"Yah..." Taecyeon stuttered, "it...it...it do...doesn't make sense."

"Oh really?" Victoria nodded. "In the base I'm usually like this. I must have been really stupid when I arrived here, right?"

Taecyeon stared at her at a loss. She could tell he was speechless and almost felt sorry for having scared him.