38

"Why did you bother to listen when all I talked about was him?"

"I don't know," he confessed, "I only knew of you by watching from afar. There were times when you stopped by and I'd see you then. When you started calling me out I found it a good chance to get closer to you."

"Was that time when we went out to the amusement park a time to get closer to me as well?"

"No," he shook his head, "I wanted to cheer you up. I don't like seeing someone I know being sad."

"So, you'd go all out for a friend?"

"I don't like just watching and pretending that nothing is wrong. I'm not that type of person. So, yes. I'd go all out for a friend."

"If you had a girlfriend, would you go all out for her?"

Taecyeon held her stare then replied, "No." He watched as her expression changed. "Instead of going all out...I'd put my life on the line for her. But why..."

"Ah...just curious. I've never really heard you talk before. You could take this as an attempt to get closer," Yoona smiled.

Taecyeon smiled.

"I feel kind of jealous, though," Yoona admitted with a sigh, "after reappearing, it feels like I don't even know Victoria at all."

Taecyeon tried, "No, you shouldn't think that. She just needs...more time than we can give her."

Yoona looked at him with a soft smile, but he could tell that she wasn't content with his answer. She was feeling insecure now after having lost Donghae. And next, she was most scared of losing sight of her long lost friend. Maybe she just wanted some affection, someone to give her comfort when her lost friend and her lost lover were together.

"Have you ever heard of the saying that, if two people part they'll meet again?" Taecyeon asked.

Yoona shook her head.

Taecyeon put an arm around her shoulder in comfort, "She came back. Even if she came back after a long 14 years, it's better than leaving this world without having seen her at all, don't you think?"

- - - - -

Victoria waited outside watching each car travel by. Each and every one of them were unfamiliar to her. None of the people inside were recognizable. As the minutes flew by her breath became more visible in front of her. For once she wondered if it would snow that night.

It would be nice to see some snow...

A black Lexus pulled up to the curb a minute later and the door opened.

"Why are you standing outside?" Donghae asked.

Victoria smiled as he walked over. He grabbed her arm motioning her toward the car but she pulled back.

"Lets take a walk and drink something warm," she suggested.

Down the trail used for jogging the two found a secluded bench beyond some trees with dying leaves still hanging on for dear life. The noises of the leaves rustled along with the heaving breeze above. The trail, usually marked with the prints of muddy shoes, was now covered with a pile of leaves that had blown in from elsewhere. Victoria stared down at their changing colors and looked up when footsteps neared. Donghae had a bag of cookies with him.

"I already had lunch when you called. Is dessert ok?"

Victoria nodded gleefully.

"What were you doing out alone?" he wondered handing her the bag of cookies.