7

- - - - -

Taecyeon slammed the door behind him and took off his shoes walking into the apartment. Once he heard the dishes clatter in the kitchen he glanced in to see Victoria apparently working on the dishes he assumed she’d avoided all morning.

“Why didn’t you do what you just wanted?” Victoria asked without turning around.

He wondered how she knew he was there.

“I know you wanted to fight with him out there. A man to man fight,” she paused, “isn’t it a normal thing?”

“Psh,” he snorted. “You don’t know anything about these things.”

“You think I don’t?” she asked turning around to start a lecture about the men in her base but shut herself up before she said anything. She smiled happily, “Of course, I don’t.”

He frowned at her and turned around to walk away. It was a meaningless thing to chat with this strange woman who demanded to live with him. He groaned frustrated and sat on the couch staring at the blank TV.

- - - - -

After getting her hair permed the 40 year old woman with a pearl necklace hanging around her neck walked into a small café shop. Her fancy white dress did not fit into the causal atmosphere that the relaxing café gave off. From the large glass window the sunlight lit into the small shop turning everything into a calm yellow against the pale walls decorated plainly with paint marks. Each circular table had been separated from each other, far enough for people not to eavesdrop on each other. On the left hand side of the restaurant a woman with hair tied up into a bun sat alone sipping at her warm yellow mug of cappuccino.    

“My are you early,” the woman greeted sitting down then raised her hand and said when a waitress in a blue outfit walked over, “a cup of coffee, please.”

“Yes, ma’am.” she said then walked away.

“Has Yoona decided to ask off work yet? I was thinking if she had time to go look for a wedding cake today.” the woman, obviously, Donghae’s mother asked.

“What do you mean wedding cake?” Yoona’s mother questioned still holding onto the handle of her mug.

“She hasn’t asked off?” the woman assumed.

“What?” Yoona’s mother asked. “I thought the wedding was cancelled. Yoona left this morning to Kwangju.”

“Kwangju?!!”

- - - - -

“Still no sign of him?” Donghae asked when Secretary Jung walked into his office.

“No, sir.”

Donghae heaved a tired sigh. “We’ll wait till he shows up.”

“Sir,” Secretary Jung started, “there’s been a large sum of money deposited into Director Choi’s bank account.”

“What?” Donghae raised an eyebrow. “Who is it from?”

“I’m having them work on that right now,” Secretary Jung explained feeling proud of himself for being one step ahead.

“Keep everything on track for me and send those e-mails for me. I’m heading home.” Donghae told grabbing his jacket.

Donghae walked into his home with the maids all stiff in front of the door. Wondering why they were all standing there he walked further in to hear screaming from the other room.

“Young sir, madam’s very upset with you.” one of the maids whispered behind him.

“Ah…” Donghae nodded catching on. “I’ll go have a talk with her.”