15

The voices from the screen reentered her ears. What had just happened in the movie, she didn't know. She glanced all around her to see that everyone else seemed absorbed in the movie. Why was it like that when her mind was shut elsewhere? She glanced at the popcorn on her lap then realized that she'd never touched it even once. That was it. She'd lost her appetite, she couldn't take it anymore.

Getting up from her seat she exited out of the theater and dumped her popcorn into the trash on the way out. It was easier to breathe now that she was standing under the lit hallway. Her mind finally relaxed before she heard footsteps behind her.

"Victoria!" he called.

Shoot! She'd forgotten about him. Victoria waited for him to catch up. She wasn't bound to apologize for walking out. Stopping in her steps she waited for him.

"The movie was about to finish," he told. "Why'd you walk out?"

Quickly searching for an excuse she said, "I don't feel comfortable in there."

"Ah...really?" he sympathized. "Sorry, I didn't know."

"What's there to apologize for?" she didn't quite understand his sympathy.

"Because I didn't know you didn't like it," he explained, "it didn't look like you wanted to watch that movie either. Maybe we should have gone for The Last Exorcism."

Victoria felt her eyebrow go up.

"What happens next?" Victoria asked looking around.

Not once, Donghae noted mentally, had she turned to look at him.

"What do you want to do?" he asked.

"I don't know."

He felt himself become confused with her and he viewed that confusion positively.

"You don't seem to like doing things other people do normally." he commented.

"What do you mean?"

"You're peculiar."

"What does that mean?"

Donghae smiled, "You're distinct from others. You're interesting. I feel like a moth flying toward a light."

"What?"

"Never mind." he headed for the doors and she followed. "Then should we do something out of the ordinary?"

"Out of the ordinary?" she slowly emphasized each word.

"Honestly, it's something I would never do on a date but it'd seem fun with you." he told turning to look at her.

Victoria found herself entering a small looking building but its interior was larger than the view from outside had offered. Weird noises beeped from all around her and she glanced at all the games around her. Basketball hoops, some lighting stuff on the ground in squares that went on and off with the music in the background, and machines with wheels embedded on them. She took in it all with wide eyes.

"Do you want to try something?" asked Donghae with both hands in his pockets.

Victoria continued to glance around then noticed two black shotguns sitting atop a small counter. Of course she knew they were fake but the guns were what drew her attention.

"What about that?" she questioned pointing to it.

Donghae glanced at her surprised.

"You don't look like the violent type," he said walking toward it. "Are you a terrorist underneath?"

Victoria had already tuned him out of her world when she picked up the light gun. Just by glancing at it she could picture herself holding a real heavy one and the thought made her gasp for a moment.