22

- - - - -

When Taecyeon walked through the doors he was greeted with the receptionist's smirk.

"I bet you enjoyed it," she remarked. "That grin on your face."

Taecyeon just smiled and turned around. Back to his job. Back to watching people. The phone rang behind him and he heard the receptionist answer the phone. She seemed joyful at first but her tone became awkward with the person she was speaking to before hanging up.

"Taec, what did you do?" she asked.

He spun around. "I didn't do anything."

"You might have been caught red handed with the CEO's gal. He wants you upstairs."

"The CEO?" Taecyeon repeated.

Had he really been caught? Or did Donghae want to see him for some other matter? He found his answer when he entered Donghae's sophisticated office. Sitting up in his mighty chair behind his large desk Taecyeon let their eyes meet. For some reason every time the two met it didn't seem to be on good terms. Taecyeon braced himself and stood with hands in front of him. He had to remind himself a few times that he was still at work and their meeting only concerned business within the business.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" asked Taecyeon.

"Skip formalities." Donghae waved his hand at Taecyeon. "Besides, it's not like we don't know each other."

Taecyeon felt his eyebrows come together.

"Who's Victoria to you?" he asked.

"What?" Taecyeon was confused.

Where did Victoria come up?

"I'm asking what's her relation to you."

Taecyeon let his eyes linger over the man for a few seconds, "My cousin."

"Oh?" Donghae ushered the noise, which meant that he didn't believe him.

Well...the man had the right to suspect. Which cousin would ever let his female cousin wear his own clothes in his home? Suspicious, not? Taecyeon decided not to comment.

"Why is she staying with you?" Donghae questioned.

"Why do you need to know?"

"Then how long is she staying with you?"

"Why does that matter?"

"I'm asking you questions here, Ok Taecyeon." Donghae's voice went solid.

"I'm not sure." Taecyeon forced the answer out of his throat.

"Can't you find another place for her to stay? Honestly, I don't like her there at your apartment," Donghae explained bitterly.

"Do you think I have that money?"

"Why not?" Donghae shrugged. "However, if you don't want to waste your money I can help look for a place for her and pay the bills for her. If that works, lets do that instead."

"Who do you think you are?" Taecyeon spat. "Don't you think you've gone over the line?"

Donghae stared at him silently.

"You're really arrogant," Taecyeon commented, "if you have all the time to be worrying about someone else why don't you go worry about your fiancée instead?"

Taecyeon expected another bitter remark from Donghae but instead he just smiled with a smirk on the edge of his lips.

"She's not my fiancée." Donghae stated. "There's only one event I'm aware of going on next week and that is the Board's banquet."