48

When they pulled away from each other Taecyeon was sure that Victoria would return him some kind of comment. Afraid to hear what she would say he quickly pulled her forward wrapping his arms around her. He could feel his heart thumping wildly as her chin landed on his shoulder. They were silent for a long minute.

"When you suddenly blacked out back there, for the first time in my life I was afraid of losing someone."

Victoria slightly turned her head as if she could see him.

"I always wondered why I had to run into you that night, but now I'm glad I did. Honestly, I'm really glad. Before everything happened I wanted to apologize for saying anything impulsive."

Victoria slightly clenched onto his shirt and listened to him go on.

"Maybe you've done a lot of wrong, but I believe you never wanted to do any of it. Even if it's only been three weeks, I feel as if I know you enough to understand that you're only lonely. Until now, I realized that you were trying to keep me out of your personal life because you're fearful. From observing you, you're the type to hold everything within you without expressing it, right?"

Her heart ached, it really did.

"I'm sorry that you had to be taken away at such a young age. You've certainly missed a lot while you were gone. During the time that you're here, should I fill in that gap for you?" he went on. "And instead of being protected, let me protect you."

- - - - -

When the sun had rose into the sky Yoona awoke early. In the kitchen she found herself cooking, frying, and brewing soup. After she'd set everything into containers she held her hands together and smiled satisfied with the results.

"What are you doing so early in the morning?" her mother asked from the doorway.

Yoona turned away to glance at her bed headed mother with a smile, "Breakfast. I cooked for you and dad too."

"What's this special occasion that's got you so happy?" she wondered walking in and putting a hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"It's for my friend, mom," Yoona replied then put the containers together. "I'll be heading off now."

"You're not going to work today, are you?"

"Don't worry. I think I've got myself occupied at the moment already," Yoona answered then walked pass her mom. "I'll see you later."

Getting into her car she drove toward the hospital. Upon arriving in the room Victoria had been placed in she found Taecyeon flipping the pages of a magazine at the back while Victoria slept.

"You came?" Taecyeon greeted looking up. Seeing her with the containers he set down the magazine and stood up, "Let me help you."

"It's alright, don't worry." she said setting down the containers on the table. "Has Victoria been asleep all night long?"

"She woke up after you called and went to sleep just a few hours ago." he replied.

"Did you two talk all night?" Yoona asked setting the containers apart and half glanced up to see a smile on his face.

"Yes." he answered then switched the subject. "You shouldn't have brought so much food."

"Why? I thought you'd be hungry." she said pulling the chair over and sat across from him.

"I am," he replied.

"I brought a share for Victoria as well."

"Thanks. I'll let her know when she wakes up." he assured.