21

Taecyeon entered the car and looked over at her without word.

"What?" she asked starting off.

"Are you ok?" he questioned.

"I talked to my parents this morning." she explained. "My mom was glad I made it back alive, but my dad, he's a Chief at another station on the other side of town, he doesn't sound happy. Actually, I think he's got eyes watching me right now."

"What?" Taecyeon was confused and watched as Yoona concentrated on her rearview mirror.

"Got your seatbelt on?" she asked. "If not, you better do it now."

"Wha..." Taecyeon started but his mouth clamped shut when she increased her speed and change lanes at least 20 times zigzagging between cars.

15 minutes later Taecyeon found his soul feeling very light within him as he remained bent over with hands on top of his knees. It was hard catching his breath after all that time.

"Are you ok?" Yoona grabbed a towel out from her car and handed it to him. "Sorry."

"I do everything else...but I don't drive like that at the least." Taecyeon muttered wiping his lips.

"You're making me look bad." she said.

"No, you're making me look bad." he told standing up to find a few others looking over curiously in the parking lot. "I feel sick."

She laughed. "You can throw up again after lunch. How about that?"

- - - - -

It was impossible to sit still and just do nothing. Even when Taecyeon had said nothing about washing dishes as he had done so every morning she did dishes. And after doing dishes she grabbed the keys to the gym and ran a few laps until she began perspiring. Yet, it wasn't enough to stop her yet. Something in her was hungry. If she didn't put her mind to doing something physical she was scared she'd fall into a pit again. The last time she'd felt something like this she'd had Jung Mo to keep her on track. But she was alone this time.

Lifting the punching bag and hooking it up to where it was supposed to be she got into position. Held her hands into fists. Because Taecyeon had wrapped the bandage around her hand so tightly it was kind of hard for her to create a fist with it. Once she held her hand into a ball she felt the skin that had already began repairing itself rip apart and blood oozed out. She pictured dry skin in her mind. When her hands had gotten dry to the max it would open up itself and bleed if it wanted.

She held herself back and punched the thick heavy bag with all her might tossing her left fist forward then right, then left. All that she had cooped within her flew out. She felt her chest heave heavily, sorrowfully as each small breath came out of her with a quiet whimper of pain. She let out a loud angry shout and punched it again. Once and twice before finally pulling herself to a stop. Victoria grabbed the bag and leaned against it.

"Get a hold of yourself, Victoria." she said aloud. "Don't lose it like this. Just because she's looking doesn't mean she'll find you. Because it's not going to happen. It's not."

She heaved and huffed for more air before taking the bag down and dropped it to the floor. Opening the door and closing it she turned around and dropped the keys on the ground when she saw Donghae standing there staring at her.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

Victoria hid her hand behind her. His eyes followed her.

"Are you stressed about something?"

Victoria let her eyes remain on him. The square door in the window...had it let him see her frantic fight with herself just a moment again?

"What are you doing here?" she asked.