50

Yoona glanced in to see the curly haired Mrs. Kim making her way down the stairs.

"Yoona!" the woman gladly greeted.

"Ah..." Yoona quickly glanced aside to find that Victoria had pressed herself against the brick wall away and out of sight.

"What are you doing here? Do you want to come in?" Mrs. Kim offered.

"Uh..."

Mrs. Kim moved toward the black door just near where Victoria was hiding.

"No," Yoona quickly called, "it's ok. I just wanted to peek in a little. I have to be going now."

"Already? You just got here." Mrs. Kim tried.

"Yes...I have to go now..." Yoona lied.

"You take care then," Mrs. Kim said and started to turn around.

"Wait..." Yoona stopped her, "how are...Vic's mom and dad doing?"

"Their health has gotten a lot better. They're stronger and are moving a little more, but they're always sleeping," Mrs. Kim explained.

Yoona took a glance toward Victoria, whose eyes have suddenly become dark with bags.

"Mrs. Kim...could you...could you give me a greeting?" Yoona insisted.

Mrs. Kim looked at her confused. Her eyebrows suddenly drawn together.

"I'm...I'm making...a tribute for Victoria...could you say something...something you want to say to her?" Yoona half lied, half begged.

Even though Victoria looked like she was already in more pain than she could take, Yoona was sure that this was something she needed to power her up. This was something...she'd missed these past 14 years...and to hear it once more would make her happy as well...

"Victoria?" Mrs. Kim repeated with much affection in her voice. Pressing her lips together she shakily said, "The first thing I'd do when she comes back is to hug her, cradle her in my arms to sleep even if she is a big girl now. I believe she's grown beautifully and is still as innocent as she used to be. I also hope the people she's stayed with...has loved her and taken care of her as much as I would. And I'd want to let her know..." Mrs. Kim let out a small sob, "that we've never stopped looking for her. Inside our hearts...we love her very much. Her parents miss her more than anything in the world. The only thing we need before we die...is for her to come back to our arms."

Yoona smiled near tears and nodded, "Thank you, Mrs. Kim."

The old woman smiled back and wiped a tear. "I have to go back inside now. I don't want the soup to burn because of me."

"Go in, go in," Yoona ushered.

The old woman nodded and headed up the stairs toward the door. When she disappeared from sight Yoona turned to look at Victoria who'd cupped her hands over her mouth, her hair drooping off her shoulders to block her tearful face. As a sign of her sobbing her head bobbed up and down while she tried to silence her heart wracking sobs.

Half an hour later they were sitting on the docks hidden behind tall fat trees. Barely anyone fished there anymore after a few boats had gone and never come back. The waves slowly swept in underneath them and splashed ashore loudly then retreated and came back. The sun was lying low in the sky ready to sleep and let the moon wake.

They were silent. After the trip to her home, Victoria hadn't stopped crying until they were miles away from her home.

Yoona started, "Your room is still the same. Your parents haven't removed anything. It's as if they're ready for your return any day...only you couldn't make your way back."