43

"I can explain." Donghae's mother went on. "You're the one who got me started. Didn't you say she could miraculously turn out to be an Estate Owner's daughter? I just wanted to verify, I had no idea that girl would have such manners."

Yoona stared at her angrily with her eyebrows painfully scrunched up before she headed toward the door. There was nothing to say. When she got outside neither Donghae or Victoria were in sight. She let out an exasperated breath before she pulled out her phone.

"Help me search for them." Yoona said as soon as he picked up on the other line of the phone.

"Hello?" Taecyeon asked.

"Help me search for them." Yoona repeated.

"What happened?"

- - - - -Her legs just moved once she reached the street. It was all on impulse, an uncontrolled condition. Without question she just moved down the street. Everything flew pass in a blur. The wind flew at her but that only made her run harder against it. She hadn't had such a good run in a long time. How long had she been running?

Images of laughing people appeared in her mind but she quickly lashed them away. Everything faded and the blurs slowly dissolved back into shape when she came to a stop. The moving cars slowed pass her disappearing around the bend and the clouds disappeared behind the tall pine trees. As she fought to catch her breath, she slowly began moving forward unsure of where to go. She didn't recognize the area.

It was on her eighth step when she heard furious footsteps turn around the corner.

"Victoria!" he shouted.

She stopped in her steps slightly moving her head to her right trying to not look back at the same time as she wanted to look back.

"How can..." he panted, "you...move...so...fast?"

Victoria didn't turn. What was there to say?

His loud breathing was noticeable as he struggled to walk over. When his hand touched hers she felt him turn her around.

"Are you...ok?" he asked still out of breath.

How far had she made him run?

"Why...did you follow me?" she questioned.

"Didn't you say that you couldn't turn away from me?" he asked. Victoria stared at him.

"So...why did you run off first? You should have waited for me," he went on, "I don't care what you say. Your background doesn't matter, I don't care who your parents are, or what they do. I don't want them, I only want you."

"What?" was what she wanted to say but the words never came.

"Sorry...I won't ask you about what you've been through anymore. I'll wait, instead, for you to tell me what you want me to know."