52

- - - - -

Taecyeon was unsettled when he returned to work. The fact that he hadn't had lunch didn't bother him, but the fact that Victoria had decided to go out with Donghae made him worry. How would she fare along the way? What if she suddenly collapsed and he started questioning her about how she got shot?

As the hours went by he tried organizing his thoughts so he could lecture her when he returned to the apartment.

When he arrived back to the apartment he found Victoria sitting alone on the couch. What caught his attention was that the television wasn't on and the lights were off. Even though the sunlight flew in through the window it still seemed pretty dark inside. There was an air of light tension and eerie sadness that floated about.

He stared at her to find that her consciousness wasn't completely there. Even as she stared at the ground her eyes held a complexion of confusion. Closing the door and taking his shoes off, he stood there waiting for her to turn and look at him, but she didn't turn.

"What's with the face?" he asked turning the lights on.

Victoria turned to look at him and slowly stood up. What was it that was running through her mind? She thought for a moment that if he were to hug her she would gladly hold him back. That some comfort would work right then...but even if she was thinking about it her body wouldn't move. She couldn't go to him. He wasn't a person she could freely turn to.

"Yah," he started before his phone began ringing.

Victoria watched as he glanced at the caller ID on his phone but didn't answer.

Something was wrong. Something was definitely bothering her. It was something she wasn't about to tell him, he could tell. He didn't want to answer the phone and delay her announcement.

"Who is it?" Victoria asked. "Is it Yoona?"

Taecyeon felt a small surprise hit him. How had she known?

"Answer it."

Taecyeon glanced at her then moved his eyes toward the screen of his phone. What to do?

"Hello?" he finally answered.

"Are you free? You're off from work, right?" Yoona asked.

Taecyeon glanced at Victoria, "Yea."

"Can we meet up?" she questioned. "My treat."

"I..." he started.

Of course he wanted to deny the offer because he was desperate to find out Victoria's problem. But if she refused to tell him maybe he could get Yoona to find out instead. It seemed like a pretty good deal.

"Sure, where are you?"

After he departed from the apartment he found Yoona sitting inside a casual restaurant. Completing the order of a club sandwich, some fries, and a soda he joined her at the rectangular table. Yoona smiled at him when he sat down.

"I hope everything's going fine for you if you haven't had a busy day," she greeted.

"Always the same," he answered, "you look really relaxed. You enjoying yourself?"

"Obviously," she replied. "How's Victoria?"

The moment she asked about Victoria he felt his expression go stiff as he recalled that she had walked off with Donghae earlier.

"She must be doing pretty great," he sarcastically remarked.

"What?" Yoona asked noticing the sarcasm in his voice. "Did something happen?"