62

- - - - -

Taecyeon lay down on the couch staring up at the ceiling meekly. If Yoona had turned around sooner...if only. In fact, he half wished he could have accepted Yoona's feelings. If he had then he wouldn't be so tortured by Victoria's coldness toward him. It was so hard to deal with her. As stubborn as she was he couldn't leave her alone either.

"Ok Taecyeon, do you ever wonder if it's possible to love two people at once?" he could hear Victoria's voice in his ears.

Was it possible?

He didn't know.

But was it possible that she loved Donghae, as well, even during the same time she was with him? What nonsense that was. He had never officially been with Victoria. He'd never announced to the world that he'd been with her.

"You don't need to, you fool," a voice scolded him from the back of his mind.

Was it not enough that during that month he'd found her she'd been with him, always? He didn't need to hold her hand to tell everyone that she was his. He didn't need to hug her every night before bed nor did he have to share a kiss with her every single morning to show that they were a couple. It was already something he was sure of, something he was confident about deep inside. That somewhere within Victoria's hard exterior she felt the same way toward him.

He wouldn't, for a moment, think that she had other feelings toward Donghae. And he, for a moment, wouldn't think that he had other feelings toward Yoona.

- - - - -

Donghae hadn't stopped by that afternoon so Victoria spent the fourth day all to herself. She flipped through the channels on TV and landed upon the cooking channel she always watched during that time of day.

"Why don't you get up and do the dishes! How old do you think you are?!" she could hear Taecyeon yelling at her.

Flipping the channel to a sitcom Victoria lowered her hand clutching onto the remote control onto the couch and slightly glanced back to the kitchen. In her mind she could hear Taecyeon trying to teach her how to cook. How to cut the meat this way or that, to make it look pretty and neat. A small smile curved at the corner of her lips and she lowered her gaze to the ground.

- - - - -

When the evening sun had lit the sky with its dim colorful rays Donghae finally stepped down and headed for the lobby that was empty. For some reason walking pass the front desk made him stop. He searched around looking for something then realized that he was looking for Taecyeon, wondering if he'd gone back. Of course, he'd gone back. Lowering his gaze a thought occurred to him that every night while he was trapped in his home, Taecyeon was alone with Victoria. Taecyeon was able to do something he couldn't. Should he be sad or not?

Outside of the revolving glass doors he found Yoona leaning against her car. When she noticed him she stood up with a small smile on her face.

"When was it that we last met?" Yoona asked as the waiter filled their champagne glasses with water. "Last week?"

"I don't quite recall," he answered coolly taking his cup for a sip.

Yoona folded both her arms on the table and leaned against it, "So much has happened that it feels like it's been a long time."

Donghae set his cup down and glanced at her, "Is there a reason you're looking for me?"

"Not really," Yoona said, "I just felt like seeking you out. Does it bother you?"