14

"Morning." he greeted.

"Ahh..." she nodded her head. "What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" he asked and she held the door open for him as if he had ordered her to.

Walking in he turned to see the TV.

"Ah...it's this movie," he told.

"You've seen it?" she asked sitting down with eyes glued to the TV.

"Of course, but why are you watching it?"

"I'm watching them date," Victoria replied without turning to look at Donghae once.

She heard Donghae laugh but still didn't turn to look at him.

"A date?" he asked. "That's not really a date."

"It's not?" she repeated. "I thought it was..."

He glanced at her to find her so focused on the movie that he kind of wanted to laugh at her childishness but he didn't.

"Have you gone on a date before?" he asked.

Victoria shook her head.

"Hmmm...really? I thought you would have had many before," he commented.

"Why?"

"Then...do you want to go on one?"

Victoria felt her attention turn away from the TV. "Really?"

He shrugged, "Sure, you might not enjoy the movie after it ends, anyway."

"Why?" she asked.

"Because..." he started then found it difficult to tell her that the leading man would die at the end. The way she stared intently at him waiting for an answer made him turn away for some reason. Donghae spotted the remote control on the side and grabbed it turning the TV off.

Victoria turned back to the screen. "What did you do?"

"Lets go." he told pulling her up.

"Where?"

"On a date."

- - - - -

"Where are you going?" Yoona's mother called from the kitchen as Yoona walked toward the front door.

"To work," Yoona replied.

"I thought the Chief told you to take off for a few days."

"He didn't."

"But your father said..."

"He lied." Yoona replied finally slipping her tennis shoes on. "I'll be back. If I don't make it for dinner, don't wait for me."

Yoona walked to her car and started the engine. She would make sure to seize any chance she had to draw out the articles from Victoria's investigation. Finally, she decided, it was time to open up the case again. The detectives had surely missed something somewhere and Yoona was set on concluding the case with a real ending.

- - - - -

"Taec, you've been summoned up to the office," the receptionist behind the desk told him once he got in.

"Upstairs?"

"Good luck," she smiled.

Taecyeon found himself frowning and headed toward the elevators wondering what they had in store for him. Was Secretary Jung waiting for him at the top or was it the CEO? Taecyeon found the answer waiting for him when he reached the office. When the elevator opened Secretary Jung was standing there in his daring black suit.