19

- - - - -

Memories swept pass her as she charged down the roads, cars coming toward her. As the evening drew in close the headlights slowly blinded her but she didn't stop. Her legs couldn't stop from running.

"No! Don't!!! Leave her alone!" Yoona cried, her throat becoming horribly hoarse as she jumped toward the men.

"Yoona!! Yoona!" Victoria screamed trying to pull out of their grasp.

Her tiny arms felt like sticks wedged between the smallest crack in a wall and now she was barely able to pull them out.

Yoona jumped at a man but her stomach met with his fist and she dropped to the ground curling up into a ball. She cried, moaned, and struggled to get up. She sobbed on the ground where she lay.

"Yoona! Yoona!! Help me!!" Victoria's screams were relentless as she kicked and screamed but only ended up being dragged with her legs drawing in two lines on the dry dirt.

"Vic...Vic..." she started weakly. "Victoria!!!" the last energy she was able to draw out of her before her throat dried up and she was left coughing like a sick person.

The wind rushed at her leaving her defenseless to the cold. She couldn't think straight. Her hair half blocked her sight as it covered her face. Her legs were out of control, they were in their own mindset. Finally losing control of them and unable to come to a stop she fell forward onto the cement heaving deeply for the air she'd been deprived of during her run. Her hands turned into a fist.

"Yoona..." the name escaped her mouth once more.

It was only a short time before she'd go crazy...again.

- - - - -

"Why Gapyeong?" Taecyeon asked as Yoona drove onto the highway accelerating fearlessly.

"Gapyeong is where my friend went missing." Yoona told glancing down the highway in case there were any incoming cars, no cars.

"Sorry." Taecyeon apologized.

"It's ok," Yoona assured. "I don't like it when people say that to me when they've done nothing wrong."

"It's just showing my sympathy," Taecyeon declared.

"I understand, but I still don't like it." Yoona replied.

"Then should I not say it?" he asked.

"Yes." she replied with a small smile. "What do you do at the company?"

"Just a small time guard. In case anyone suspicious enters the company and harms anyone, that kind of stuff, you know?"

Yoona nodded, "Then you're sort of like a cop."

"I wouldn't say that. I don't really do anything."

Yoona glanced at him, "But I bet there are times where your job is interesting."

"Sure," he nodded.

They were silent with the radio DJ only speaking.

"Can I ask you something?" he broke the silence.

She nodded lowering the volume.

"That story about your friend. Why haven't you told your fiancé about it?"

"I think of that sometimes too," she explained, "I don't know why either. Sometimes we seem like we're on close terms and at other times we seem like we barely know each other at all."

"Oh..."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Any significant other? Married? Or single?"