10

- - - - -

“We fly to Masan,” Lee Jung Hwa clarified as the 20 of them gathered in the airport.

“There’s been suspicious group activity there. We’re going to infiltrate and capture at least one of them,” Lee Hyemi instructed. “Everyone remain together, ok?”

“This seems more like a training course rather than a hunt, don’t you think?” one of them whispered to the other.

Yoona sighed and looked around the airport. It was all a waste of time, exactly as Donghae had pointed out.

- - - - -

Taecyeon glanced around the building and felt his eyes move toward the doors again. Where was the CEO’s fiancée?

“Who are you looking for?” the receptionist wondered from behind him.

“Ah…the CEO.” Taecyeon lied.

“Ah…” the receptionist nodded. “About that…I don’t think you did anything wrong, either.”

“About that, don’t worry because I’m not. That Director’s bound to show up somewhere caught red handed,” Taecyeon assured, “trust me. My instincts are always right.”

The receptionist smiled encouragingly and they both turned as Donghae walked through the door looking somewhat distressed. It made Taecyeon curious to know where he’d gone for such a long time. To play around? Just as soon as that occurred to Taecyeon he wondered if Donghae had returned to his apartment to play around. He watched as Donghae walked down the hall without turning to glance at him.

“Psh, what’s with him?” Taecyeon wondered.

- - - - -

“Do you think he has another girl on his mind?” Donghae’s mother questioned over their cup of tea.

Her husband glanced back at her with his newspaper in front of him.

“Do you think he’s a two timer?”

His wife snatched the newspaper from him, “I’m talking about our son here.”

“I was too,” he defended reaching for the newspaper but his wife hid it behind her.

“Listen to me for a minute.”

“I’ve been listening to you for the whole hour.” he retorted trying to grab the newspaper from her.

She slapped his hand, “Do you think he has a girl in mind? What if he does? And that’s why he’s saying he won’t reschedule the wedding.”

“You’re making a big fuss out of nothing,” Donghae’s father tried assuring reaching for his newspaper from the recliner he was seated in.

His wife moved over dragging the newspaper along with her so that she sat farther away from him.

“How do we get rid of a girl who’s trying to steal our Yoona’s place?”

“How can I get my paper back from you?” Donghae’s father asked.

She stared at him with a small glare altogether with a frown. “I hope Yoona comes back soon and puts our son back in place.”

“Our son has always been in place. They’re just kids, they can fix things for themselves. They’re adults, you know?” Donghae’s father said.

“You just said they’re kids,” his wife stated.

Donghae’s father sighed, “I’m just saying. They’re old and well enough without needing old people like us nosing into their private lives.”