40

Heading out into the hallway with hands held in front of her she started, "Why are you home so late?"

"Ah! Mom! You scared me!" he gave a shout of surprise. "Where'd you come from suddenly appearing like that?"

"Like the dust floating in the air I can also appear like the fairy godmother." she smiled at him.

"Aww...mom, I never meant it," he started.

"So tell me, are you still seeing that girl?" she questioned.

Donghae frowned, "What are you talking about?"

He walked pass her but his mother stopped him by putting a hand on his arm.

"Answer me." she cooed.

"Mom, you're acting weird. Did you eat your medicine on time?"

"I ate it!" she replied loudly. "Now, answer me!"

"Mom, you sound like an elementary student. No one says 'Answer me!' nowadays," Donghae joked.

He received a slap on the arm.

"I'm being serious!" she retaliated.

"Ow! Mom! Aren't I too big for you to still be hitting me?" he yelped.

"You still act so immature." she stated.

"Then let me go sit down first," he pleaded. "I'm so tired."

His mother glared at him suspiciously before releasing him. Turning on his tail she followed him into the gathering room where he dropped onto the couch like a dummy. Leaning back with arms stretched out he watched her stand in front of him.

"What is it you want to say?" he muttered.

"Are you still seeing her?" she re-asked.

"What girl?" he wondered. "The second one, third, or fourth?"

His mother slapped him on the thigh causing him to jump up and rub the area where he had been slapped.

"Mom," he cried.

"I'm being serious," she started again. "Will you answer me? Or do you want to see my fist?"

"You're a tough cookie even at your age," he smiled then flinched when his mother held out her fist. "Ok, ok. I lost to you. What girl?"

"The one you were two-timing Yoona with."

"I wasn't two-timing."

"Then are you still seeing her?"

Donghae glanced at his mother's eyes before turning away.

"You are, aren't you?" his mother accused. "What's her name?"

"What are you doing, mom? Are you going to chase her out of the country?"

"I asked what her name was."

Donghae glanced down at his fingers while fiddling with them, "I like her, mom, so don't do anything to her. Please."

"I know, I know. I won't do anything."

"Victoria Song," he reluctantly answered.

"Song?" she repeated.

"Yes," he assured, "why?"

"What about her family?"

"What about her family?" he wondered being cautious.

"Family background. Did you ask her? Don't you know?"

Donghae clenched his teeth together making the shape of his jaw more defined, "It's not my place to ask."

"What do you mean it's not your place?! Aren't you her boyfriend?"