Secrets Out

Third Person POV (Easier to explain things)

AU 

A cool breeze blew throughout London giving the townsfolk a bit of relief from the relatively warm days. Which was a change despite all the rain that they have received lately. For Clara, she was relieved that the rain had almost disappeared. She enjoyed the outside and exploring, she didn't like being cooped up inside the house for long periods of times. But when it rained her mother never let her outside, in fear that Clara would get sick. Especially with finals coming rapidly, nobody could risk missing a day of school. It was a Wednesday afternoon and Clara walked home from school along with her best friend John. They have been friends ever since Clara could remember (And she had impeccable memory). John didn't live near Clara but every afternoon he would walk her home and sometimes he would stay for dinner, then walk home. Clara often felt a bit flattered but in a friendly way. Although she did wonder what it was like to be in a relationship with her best friend. But she always buried these thoughts deep inside her mind, never to see the light of day. Because if they did date and something went wrong, she would never be able to forgive herself. Besides, they were fine the way they were. Close friends who walk home every school afternoon. 

"So how was algebra?" Clara asks, making small talk.

"Horribly amazing! We learned how to do algebraic equations" he said smiling. Clara stuck her tongue out in disgust.

"How can you stand algebra?" she asks in wonder, screwing up her face to show her disgust for the subject.

"Just the same way as you do Drama" he replies, smirk playing on his lips

"Hey! Shakespeare is amazing and don't you doubt it" says Clara laughing and pointing a finger at John who was trying to hold back a laugh. They both walked in comfortable silence. Both enjoying each other's company. Clara stopped in front of her driveway and looked at John who seemed to be in his own world, still walking forward before quickly realising that Clara had stopped a metre or two behind where he was now. She giggled quietly to herself at his absent minded stupidity. Something she'd secretly been very fond of.

"Why did we stop?" Asks John. Clara laughs.

"I'm home John" Says Clara in an obvious tone. John blushes and scratches the back of his neck.

"Can I come in?" He asks. Clara was a little taken back

"What about football practice? It's Wednesday afternoon" Clara points out, smiling, hands on her hips. Something she'd gotten into the habit of when she was trying to prove a point.

"Eh. They won't care if I'm missing for one training session" he shrugs his shoulders before grinning. That grin would make a orientation confused teen swoon any day. Clara shook her head, smiling once more. She sighs in defeat.

"Okay. But remember I'm not sticking up for you this time." John remembered the day when he came over to Clara's and her father found out and almost killed him. Well, if you call a firm talking to almost killing anyway. John was ready to make that deal. He nodded his head and stretched out his hand. Clara shook it. "Deal" He says.

Both teenagers walk into Clara's house and set their school bags and books on the ground near the coat rack. Clara often left it there and bought it up to her room before anyone notices. Even though she was going straight to her room, she didn't bring her backpack with her. John followed her lead, except bringing his bag with him, in case her father does come home and he had no clue. John took a seat on Clara's desk chair (Which had wheels on it, he often said that chairs with wheels are cool). and Clara took a seat on one of her beanbags sitting in the corner of her room.

"So what now?" Asks Clara, raising an eyebrow. "How about study?" offers John. Clara screws up her face in disgust. "Really? Study?" Clara laughs. "Well if you say so" she says, standing up to get a history book from her bookshelf. It was a class that both were interested in quite fondly and being in the same class, studied together with the same notes. Handy for when the other was away, the other person could just give them the notes they missed. Something that John did often when Clara was away from school sick. Especially in the time that her Mother died at the start of the year. She missed out on at least 2 months of school work. But every afternoon, John would pop by and keep her company and let her know what's been happening at school. Like who was dating who and who was sleeping with who. John didn't care in the slightest but he just assumed that because Clara was a girl, that she would want to know all that stuff. Johns its straight up in his chair. "Okay, history I gather" John didn't need an answer when Clara pulled out a thick, old-style book with HISTORY OF THE CENTURIES on it. But as Clara pulled the book out, another small, purple book fell. Clara hesitated and quickly picked the book up. John eyed her cautiously and stood up to help her. 

"It's fine" Clara reassured. "Clara, you're hiding something" John raised an eyebrow. "It's a special book" she says. "You have always shared your secrets with me, what's up?" Clara sighed. "It's my diary" she sighed in defeat, slightly rolling her eyes, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks. And of course with Clara's luck, John flips to the most recent diary entry. Clara didn't like writing in diaries much but her counsellor that her Father sent her to told her it may be a good idea to do. To write ideas down and thoughts. It mainly had small doodles on it, but mainly she wrote about school. John blushed and a slight smile played on his lips. Clara mentally face palmed herself. What she wrote was embarrassing and she really didn't feel comfortable. So she quickly side stepped and snatched the book from John's hands and put it back in her bookshelf. "How much did you read?" She asks. "Enough" Replied John. "Is what you said true?" He asks, lowering his head a little. "Well I guess now's a better time,-" Clara sighed and gathered all her courage up. "Yes". John smiles. "Look, I understand if you're not okay with it. It's just my feelings and I can overcome them if need be. My stupid counsellor told me to write down my thoughts and feelings after Mother's death." John quickly embraced Clara in a tight hug and she winced slightly not sure what was going on. She soon relaxed and returned the favour.  They let go but were holding each other's hands, eyes meeting each others and John placed a small delicate kiss on Clara's cheek. Then his attention moved to something else. He noticed the white car in the driveway and he heard the door close. He quickly and swiftly picked up his backpack, kissed Clara on the lips and continued to climb out the window.

This could finally be marked as the best day of her life. A part from meeting John in the first place. She looked out the window and saw John stuggling to get down the two story, wall. She laughed as John decided what the hell and jumped, sending him tumbling and running. "Ninja!" Clara yelled out. John blew her a kiss and proceeded to run off before Clara's Dad realised that he was present in his house. Clara lay down on her bed, thinking everything through, even pinched herself several times to make sure she wasn't dreaming. And truth be told, she wasn't dreaming. It made Clara happy beyond belief but she also was slightly worried about the future. She closed her eyes and drew a mind blank before proceeding to take a short, sweet nap.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey all! What is up??? Yeah, I kind of suck at small talk. ANYWAYS, hope you guys enjoyed. This is one of my favourite chapters and it actually flowed quite easily and nicely in my opinion :). Anyways, if you enjoyed VOTE. Don't forget to comment below ideas. I haven't received many lately but thats okay :) I <3 getting you guys involved in all my stories. Oh and please with a cherry on top check out my new Sherlock (BBC) - Fan fiction and ALSO go check out my friends Wattpad account. Her USER is :Sljudas1300. She has only just written up a new book and I would love for some others to check it out :)

Stay beautiful! Peace. Love. Happiness. Have a fantastically-brilliant day!!!

<3 WhouffleSweetie <>O<>