The Date

Okay so a while ago I wrote a chapter called something like 'the day doctor met clara' or something like that. I was going through my chapters a reading comments and stuff and one comment, well my only one, said something like: 'I wanted to see the date happen' something like that I have a horrible memory. But yeah I was out of ideas and decided to write this one :) OH and thanks for 2.5K reads!!
Enjoy!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Clara POV
I get home and I look at the time. It was 4:30. I remembered I had a date with some guy named The Doctor tonight at 6. I smile slightly and hop in the shower. I was nervous as hell. I haven't gone on a date for ages. I broke up with my boyfriend about 4 months ago. I was starting to have second thoughts about this.

''Is this too early? Am I rushing things? NO! You are going to have a great time and you are going to enjoy it!' I tell myself as I dry myself off.

I grab a curling wand and start to lightly curl my hair at the front. I get a hair straightener and straighten my bang (Fringe). I added light make up and headed off to my closet. I had no idea what to wear. Nor did I know where he was taking me. I settled on a nice strapless black dress. I added some salmon coloured pumps to go with it. I added a necklace and added perfume. I was ready. I look in the mirror and was really amazed by who was looking back at me. I did a good job. I strike a pose and I hear a knock on the door.

Doctor POV

I knock on Clara's door. She had texted me her adress. I had borrowed a car from my friend Jack because I didn't want to take the TARDIS. She'd probably think im' a weirdo. The door didn't open and I knocked again, suddenly the door swings open. I see a woman in a dress and heels. I came to my senses and realised it was Clara. Woooww she looks so gorgeous I think to myself. She laughs snapping me out of my thoughts. I take her hand a kiss it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the place. It was a restaraunt I've eaten here before and I loved it.. The food, the service just everything. Except this place was more of a romantic thing. I open the car door and take her by the hand. I lead her up to the front counter.

"Table for two"

"Right this way sir" A woman in her early 20's guided us to a table. She leaned over and lit a candle. She gave us both menus and walked off.

"So...Clara. How was your day?"

"It was alright. As good as teaching a bunch of emotional adolescents"

"So you're a teacher?"

"Yeah. I know it doesn't pay well its the only job I could get my hands on." I smile at her and she responds back

"Teach anything good?"

"No"

A waiter walks up to our table and asks for our orders. I let Clara go first.

"I'll just have salmon please" The waiter gestures to me

"I'll have the same thanks" the waiter smiles and takes our menus.

"My turn" she says out of the blue

"What do you do for a living?"

"I uhh....Travel" I say nervously. I look in my pocket for conversattion starters and answers on paper in my pocket. None of which included what I do for a living. I mentally remind myself and also slap myself in the face for not thinking of that.

"I was going to travel. I stayed wiith a family friend but their Mother died so I volunteered to look after the kids"

"That's horrible. I don't have parents. Both died a long time ago"

"I'm sorry, I can stop talking about it if you want" she says quickly after my comment. I shake my head and she smiles. Geeze how I loved that smile. (A/N I have had sooo many comments about this 'geese' like the bird aha so uhh yeah hope it's better now) It could light up any place. Our eyes locked. She had her hand resting on the table. I absent mindedly placed mine on top of hers. Her hand tenses but soon gets used to it.

"Why are you staring at me?'

"Because you're beautiful" (A/N Insert Fault in Our Stars quote here)

She blushes

"Stop it, I'm blushing" She giggles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was eaten and was very well done. I payed the cheque much to Clara's dismay.

I take her outside and take a deep breath. Clara takes my hand and looks up at me. She smiles. I smile back.

"Did you have a good time?" I say

"Yes, thank you. I greatly appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I parked the car outside of where she was staying. She sighs and looks over at me. I look back over to her. She smiles again and giggles. Oh what the hell? I say to myself as I lean in closer cupping Clara's face with my hands. Our lips connected. Clara kisses back passionately and takes her hand and places it on my right cheek. We break apart and try to steady our breathing.

"Next Wednesday? Another date night?" she says suggestingly

"Uhh yeah Wednesday is fine" she smiles and exiits the vehicle.

I sit back in my seat and rub my face with my hands. I couldn't believe I kissed Clara. She was an amazing human being and I couldn't be more happier. I start dancing in my seat and stopped suddenly realising Clara staring at me weirdly. Suddenly she bursts out laughing. My cheeks burn up and I clear my throat. I reverse out of her driveway and made my way to Jack's to hand back his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey all! Sorry this is so short. I'm all out of ideas. PLEASE COMMENT BELOW FOR MORE IDEAS. So yeah. Have a fantastic day!

~WhouffleSweetie <3