Slaps and Tales

There were tales told about a mad man in a blue box and his lost traveller. Some say that the traveller died and that the mad man dropped her at home to be with family. Others say she left and others say he kicked her out. But only one man knew the truth. One man that everybody was afraid of. The madman who sat in the box

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The doctor sat in the underbelly of the TARDIS fixing wires which were sparking and blowing up in flames every time he zapped it with his sonic screwdriver. He had heard the tales about him and his traveller many times before.

Flashback

It was a usual Wednesday and the Doctor placed a kiss on his young Clara's forehead. This became a routine to him now. Every time they parked the TARDIS in front of Clara's apartment safe and sound he would place a soft kiss on her forehead. She smiles and looks into his eyes.

"Next Wednesday?"

"Next Wednesday" he said reassuringly making Clara smile the type of smile that the Doctor went crazy for. She steps out of the TARDIS and the Doctor grins. He was planning to do the usual, travel a week into the future. It only felt like a few minutes to him but to Clara, it felt like forever. Even though it was only a week. But only this time the TARDIS shook and beeped like crazy. The Doctor flew and swung on the railings with smoke everywhere. The Doctor stood up and stroked the tube in the middle of the console (A/N if anyone knows what this is actually called, let me know. Kay thx)

"What's wrong girl?"

Beep

"What do you mean I can't see her again?"

Beep

"Come on, you can't just stop letting me see her just because you don't like her"

Beeeepppp

"Why then?"

Beep

The Doctor looked up at the monitor and the one word he didn't want to see nor hear in a while.

Paradoxes.

End of flashback

These flashbacks came every now and again. But lately they've been getting more and more frequent. He knew it wasn't his fault technically but he couldn't help but feel like he's completely guilty for the situation.

The wires that he was holding sparked sending the Doctor flying off his chair. The TARDIS parked and the Doctor stood up completely confused.

"What?!" He said with black smoke and soot covered his face. He wiped it off with a cloth and looked at the monitor. The TARDIS had parked alright but where? The Doctor looked at the monitor. It read:

Date: 26th March 2015

Location: Earth, London

The Doctor's face dropped and his eyes widened.

"I thought you said that i couldn't go back"

Beep

"What do you mean by she's in trouble?"

Doctor POV

I stepped out of the TARDIS and was faced by a dark alleyway. I look at the clock hanging off a buidling next to it. It read 11:15pm. I look down the alleyway and see a dark silhouette. The silhouette looked at me and stood up unsteadily. It threw a bottle at me which I skillfully dodged and luckily the bottle smashed on the road behind the TARDIS. The silhouette stood into the light which showed a very drunken and rough Clara.

"and where the bloody hell have you been?" she slurs

"Look, I can explain"

"Oh you bloody should have a good god damn excuse because you know how long it's been? Huh? Yeah 5 years. I got fired because apparently I was emotionly unstable. I lost my boyfriend whatever his stupid name was and I picked up a drinking problem. So yeah you better have a good excuse"

"It was the TARDIS, she said I couldn't go back."

"Sure, your stupid snog box was the culprit here" she slaps me in the face. I stood there with pure shock on my face

"Yes, there were paradoxes, I tried Clara. I really did. I tried to come back"

"You ruined my life Doctor. Everyday I sat there waiting. Waiting for you. George kicked me out and I now live on the streets. I'm broke. I used the last of my money on that piece of junk whiskey"

"Clara, you're drunk you should come with me"

"No I wo-" She puts her finger up to protest but then collapses onto me unconscious. I sigh and bring her into her bed in the TARDIS. I sat there next to her rubbing my hands through her hair. With a smile on my face. A few hours laters she started to move around and opens her eyes.

"Hello" I say calmly and quietly

"I thought you were never coming back" she said a little bit more nicer than the night before

"I'm sorry, I'll never leave again"

"You better not" she slaps me in the face and hugs me tight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter would have been out earlier but i've been procrastinating like crazy. so uhh yeah hope you enjoyed!