Chapter Twenty | Resentment

Start from the beginning

Once all of the food was placed on the table and Marcus had gone to freshen up, the three of us sat around the table as we started to eat our food in silence. Marcus really threw down with the baked chicken breast, seasoned yellow rice, asparagus, and sweet rolls. I didn't even know he could cook like this, if I had known we would've been over here faithfully for Sunday dinner.

"So, where my nephew at? I haven't seen him since the other day at his party." Marcus asked as he looked up at me after taking a sip from his beer. He didn't like wine, so me and the thot was drinking it while he settled for a cold beer instead.

"He's with his grandmother Nyla and cousins for the day to give us parents a break. Domani's behavior has only gotten worse since his birthday. He loves that basketball goal and balls you got him though. He literally makes Money play with him everynight before bed," I said in between bites as he smiled.

"I knew he would, I'm gone have to get my nephew one day and show em' some moves. Maybe I'll get me a son of my own one day in the future," Marcus said slyly as he looked next to him at Danielle, who was still on her phone and paying him no attention. He sighed and looked towards me as we shared a glance. I shook my head and focused back on my food.

Danielle was a very disrespectful bitch and why Marcus kept her around was oblivious to me. She didn't do anything but text on her phone all day and keep up drama. She didn't cook, clean, nor do things that most women do for their man. She wasn't good for shit and hopefully Marcus would realize that and kick her no good ass to the curb realy soon. The fact that he was even thinking about having a child with this bitch was bad. She already had one daughter that she never gave effort to see or take care of, so why would she get another child to neglect?

"Oh, what was that baby? I'm sorry, I was on facebook." she replied with a light chuckle as she looked over to him and sniffled a few times like she was sick. Marcus slyly rolled his eyes and shook his head with a fake smile. I didn't get their relationship, it was rather odd to me.

"Nothing babe, but your nose is bleeding." he said and she gasped as she dropped her phone onto the table and hopped up from the chair to go clean her nose. I sighed and continued to eat my food while Marcus sat silently in his seat. He sat his fork down and tapped his fingers against the wood.

"I'm sorry about that Essence, she just hasn't been herself lately. I should go check on her," he said to justify her actions, but I held up my hand to stop him. He didn't have to explain, because I didn't give a damn about her. If he was happy with the little whore, I was happy for him.

"It's okay Marcus." I said and he nodded before getting up to go and check on her. I rolled my eyes as I stood up to get me another piece of this good ass chicken from the platter at the end of the table. As I reached for my piece, her phone flashed and the name on the screen is what really caught my eye, but the message was hidden.

JD: New Message 3:37 PM.

After a minute, both her and Marcus walked back into the room and took their seats. I was puzzled as I thought about why in the hell she would be texting JD, Marcus' best friend of all people. That sparked interest in me as I thought about it. I didn't know whether I should bring it up to Marcus now or what. I mean, some people do have a brother sister relationship with their boyfriend's best friend as well, but something about that is suspicious to me.

"You got a text message," I told her slyly and she clicked the screen before she looked up at me with wide eyes. She grabbed her phone and slid it into her lap before starting on her food. I shook my head, I would be sure to tell Marcus this before I leave because something aint right about that situation and I refuse to let my brother get played by these bitches, bestfriend and girlfriend or not.