Chapter Nineteen | WTH

Start from the beginning

"Awe, my babies look handsome." I cooed, then smiled as I looked at the two of them and pulled out my phone and selfie stick. Of course I had to take a picture with my babies for the gram. Money and Domani sat side by side on the bed, looking like twins with their snapbacks on. I held the stick up in the air and smiled for the picture. Neither one of them smiled, but I snapped the picture anyway and uploaded it to my instagram.

@_SimplyEssenceJ This day, two years ago God gave my husband & I, one of the greatest gifts known to mankind, our baby boy Domani Jalil' Johnson. Happy Birthday baby♥@_Money$

After I'd taken a couple of pictures on my phone, we headed out of the door and got on the road towards his party. I couldn't stop smiling as I looked back at Domani who bobbed his head to one of Drake's songs that played on the radio. My frustration was far gone as I admired how handsome my baby was. This was his first birthday that I'd spent with him and it mean't a whole lot to me. He probably thought I was a creep because I kept staring at him, but I didn't care, I'm a proud mother & wife to both my husband and son.

Within the next couple of minutes we pulled up to the place and Money parked in the front. I checked my watch and we were indeed fifteen minutes late, but that was fine too. Money and I got out of the car and then helped Domani out of the backseat. I held his right hand and Money had his left as we walked towards the entrance of the building. My excitement was soaring as I waited to see the look on my baby's face. The smile on your child's face just makes your heart warm. I was waiting on that feeling as we entered the party.

"Happy Birthday Domani!" Everyone screamed from everywhere as we entered the arcade room and his face lit up. He grinned and chuckled as he looked around at all of the people and games everywhere. Money scooped him up into his arms and then grabbed my waist as we posed for pictures. Of course I had a professional photographer, these were memories that I wanted to look back on one day with my first born child.

Once we'd taken a couple family photos, everyone came to greet us and pinned money on the birthday boy, which I removed and placed in my pocket. A permanent smile was on plastered on my face as I watched him get down and take off running straight for the bouncy house with Money right on his tail. My heart fluttered at seeing them interacting together, it was priceless.

"This place looks amazing baby girl, y'all really did the damn thing with this party. I love the theme, decorations, all of it is just wonderful," Mrs.Nyla spoke with a smile as she pulled me into a side hug. I returned the smile as I hugged her back and then released her from my grasp. I took a look around and really admired the decor, we really did the damn thing for sure.

"Thank you momma, after weeks of planning for this with the girls, I'm glad everything looks up to par. I missed his first birthday, so it was a must that we go all out for his second one." I responded and she nodded her head in understanding. She didn't even have to comment, she already knew what I was getting at. There was no need to go into further details. What I did two years ago on that stand was no mistake. It was hard in there, but if it came down to it again, I'd take another two years for my man. Call me stupid, but at least you're calling.

"Well, you really did show out with this thing for him. Where is my grandbaby at anyway?" she asked as she looked around the room in search of Domani, but she didn't spot him anywhere in sight. I pointed her over towards the big bouncy houses where most of the kids were jumping around, including Money's big ass.

"He's in the bouncy house with Money and the rest of the kids,"

"Oh, Money is such a big ass kid. Let me go steal my baby boy for a minute, I'll be back sweetheart." she said before heading towards the entrance of the bouncy house. I was surprised when she kicked off her shoes and climbed into the inside along with the rest of them. I chuckled a bit as Malcolm helped her inside, but once she got in she bounced just as good as the rest of them. You wouldn't think she's a day over forty by her looks and attitude, she could easily pass for middle to late thirties.