Phone Conversations

Summary: In which asking out Liam proves to be a more difficult than Zayn expected. Except it really wasn’t.

By: Payneszayn.tumblr.com

-----------------------------

“So, I uh… I was wondering… if you wanted to go out. You know, or something.”

“Out?”

“Yeah, you know, out. For like… food or something. Or the cinema. I don’t know.”

“Zayn, we went to the cinema yesterday. We almost got kicked out because Louis and Harry were seeing how high they could through their popcorn. Which, by the way, wasn’t very high. I’m pretty sure that had security not come in and told us to stop I would have got it higher…”

“Yeah, I know we went out, but I was thinking we could go…. you know, out out.”

“You mean like to a club? I told you I’m trying to slow down on all that. Especially after that watermelon incident…”

“I didn’t mean to a club, Liam. We don’t even have to go out. I was just thinking we could do something… you know, just the two of us.”

“Well sure. But I have to tell you, last time we did something without Niall he got all grumpy for like a week.”

“Somehow I don’t think he’ll mind this time.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure. Last time he kept doing those puppy-dog eyes that made me feel all bad if I so much as looked at him and every time I walked by he’d start humming the tune of all by myself…”

“I meant as a date, Liam.”

“What?”

“A date. Will you go out with me? On a date?”

“A date?”

“Yeah, you know. That thing people do when they want to be romantically involved with each other.”

“You want to be romantically involved with me?”

“Well… you’re kind of making me change my mind.”

“You have such a way with words, Malik.”

“So is it a yes?”

“What?”

“Do you want to go out… on a date… with me?”

“Hm, well, s’not like I have anything else planned…”

“Li…”

“Yes Zayn. I would really like to go out. On a date. With you.”

“Really?”

“Yep.”

“Just me?”

“Just you.”

“Huh. Well okay then. Guess I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Bye Zayn.”

“Bye, Liam.”