Slowly

Summary: No summary

By: Troubledpro.tumblr.com

-------------------------

Zayn’s eyes fluttered upwards from his sketchbook , the scratching of his pen loosening somewhat from his grip as he concentrated on the voice which sounded through the classroom. The teacher never minded his lack of attention so it wasn’t necessary that he paid attention to the confident boy reading from the text book with expression, but he wanted to nonetheless. The boy’s voice was captivating,  his smooth dulcet tone twining through the air to reach Zayn’s opened ears.

Zayn restricted a moan as the boy flowed out an extremely long word, one of which Zayn wouldn’t have been able to read without at least a few stutters, with ease. Everything he seemed to do was so smooth and collected.

‘Probably why he never looks towards me’ Zayn thought sullenly as he returned to his drawing, sighing at the big smudge he’d caused as he practically drooled over the perfect boy that was Liam Payne.

~*~

Liam’s eyes searched the vicinity of the room, regardless of the chatter from Zayn by his side. He was intrigued by the conversation, he always was with Zayn, but he couldn’t stop his eyes wandering around the sports hall at all the skimpily clad people.

He’d become friend’s with the boy only a few weeks prior. He found the boy’s sketchpad left abandoned on the lab room table after he was about to leave for home, and, as his curiosity was too much to bear, he couldn’t resist a flick through the pages. Some pages were filled with neat little doodles, some with more concentrated sketches; but they all expressed a gifted talent in wild creativity.

At the time he didn’t know who the owner was, but if he had known it was Zayn’s from the start it wouldn’t have made any difference. It wasn’t as if he were opposed to the boy, he actually seemed rather cool in Liam’s books, but he’d just never given it a second thought to speak to the boy one on one.

That changed however as soon as the boy blustered into the room in search of the book, and since then, their friendship was slowly blossoming.

But that didn’t stop him searching for another friend, or maybe a potential lover; did it?

~*~

Zayn felt the swell in the air, he felt the rushing of bliss-filled particles bouncing off their bodies as they bounded out howls of laughter. He could feel the strength that held him upright, or more like held him to his crippled position which he was holding with laughter. He knew the glint in his eye was from the boy opposite him,  and he knew that his blistering smile was because of the opposite him too.

But Liam couldn’t tell, so maybe it was just Zayn who had the ability to understand the thick linger of heavy emotion surrounding them.

Liam would understand one day; one day.

~*~

It was strange, really, when Liam thought about it. It wasn’t as if it were some soul searching activity, nor anything abnormal in action; it was just an everyday thing which somehow changed  into a - some could say once in a lifetime - experience that Liam had never partook in before.

They were icing cakes, to be precise. That’s right, the two boys being as masculine as ever, icing cakes. They had gotten coaxed into the role of helping out Zayn’s sisters for their bake stall the day after, and after hours of mixing and folding cake batter into - not to be egotistical about it or anything - the best cakes they’d seen in a long time, the two started on the icing.