Your Love Is Wicked

Summary: Liam is an angel, Zayn is a demon. They shouldn’t mesh, but they do.

By: Thesilverwitch.archiveofourown.org

-----------------------

Liam is an angel, Zayn is a demon. They shouldn’t mesh, but they do.

Liam’s wings are twice his size. They’re pure white with streaks of silver here and there. When Liam fully spreads them, they look infinite, sunlight reflecting on each feather to create the most beautiful patterns around him.

When Liam walks through the crowded streets of London, his wings shine so bright they can practically blind, but to the human eye, all they do is make Liam glow. This isn’t something Liam can help, it’s an integral part of his anatomy. Regardless of whether he wants to or not, there aren’t many places on Earth where Liam doesn’t reflect all the light around him, like a perfect mirror, an unbreakable reflection.

Humans don’t notice the glow, at least not objectively. They can’t see the light, only the brightness is visible to them. Liam doesn’t get that, doesn’t get why they can almost see it but not quite, but then again, there are many things Liam about the human race Liam doesn’t get. Their blindness to light and all that it contains is just one of them.

Zayn’s wings are slightly smaller than him. They’re the colour of old coal with hints of pure black near the bone. His feathers are a constant mess, ruffled and astray, some even broken. Zayn doesn’t care. When Zayn spreads his wings, he looks like the Devil’s perfect lovechild. Too beautiful to be human, eyes made of pure wickedness. There’s just something about him that screams ‘danger’ in the best way.

When Zayn walks through the crowded streets of London, he absorbs the light, makes the world around him a little bit darker, a little bit gloomier. For the most part, Zayn doesn’t care. It’s very hard to care for things when you’re a demon. There are other times though, rare times, where he wishes he didn’t do that; where he wishes the light would just stay so he could see the world through something else but grey and black.

Liam’s an angel. He’s good right to his core, but that doesn’t mean he’s innocent, much less pure.

Zayn’s a demon. He’s bad right to his core, but that doesn’t mean he’s wicked, much less evil.

They shouldn’t mesh. They shouldn’t even know each other, they shouldn’t talk or stare at each other with naked lust in their eyes, they shouldn’t search for each other during lonely nights, but they do.

Liam is an angel, Zayn is a demon, that doesn’t stop them from fucking each other until the transparent light of dawn.

- - -

Liam reckons he’s like the way he is today because of how long he’s been on the surface. Angel or not, hang out around humans long enough and you start thinking like them. Your views on what is good and bad start to blur together, until they’re an undifferentiated mix of superficial opinions and subjective thoughts with no real meaning in the big scene of heavenly justice Liam used to exist by.

You start wondering about what the weather tomorrow is going to be like, what’s right and wrong, what’s your purpose on this stupid piece of rock and should you dress to fit in or to stand out? You start to wonder about things that didn’t matter in the past, things you used to know with a certainty that could set cities ablaze, and it’s when you start wondering these things, that everything becomes a mess.

When you start thinking like humans, you also start acting like them and their problems become your own, until you look, smell, think, talk like a human and yet, there you are, glowing in the dark, still not a human.