Headlight Disco

Summary: Zayn's smirk only grows. "Don't tell me you haven't thought about it."

By: Xxcaribbean

-----------------------

Liam's always been a little too trusting when it comes to his boyfriend. He can't say that he minds it too much, but they're always getting into situations that could have the potential to turn out much worse. But Zayn soothes it with a wink, a smile and a kiss to the lips and Liam's fallen head over heels for him again.

Which makes tonight no different. Zayn's got his hand intertwined with Liam's and he's leading him somewhere. Where, he doesn't know, but he's putting that trust into Zayn to take care of him and to know what's best, just as much as it works the other way around.

But sometimes it's mostly Zayn taking care of Liam because he's older (only by three years! Liam insists) and he has experience and Liam's always been told he's more of a puppy, the follower, the one who hesitates too much to do anything. So when he'd met Zayn, things began changing, not much, but slightly, to the point where he takes a few extra risks, they take risks together, where Liam's always chastising Zayn for cussing a little too much or getting them both into things that a seventeen-year-old boy like clean-cut Liam shouldn't be getting into.

"Almost there," Zayn says. There's a grin in his voice and it makes Liam wonder with excitement, curiosity and slight resentment on what they're about to do. He should be at home studying, but being with Zayn is better.

It's dark outside, and while he can see perfectly clear, there's still a sense of worry that something might happen.

They approach Zayn's car, to where he opens the passenger side door for Liam, ushering him in quickly before shutting it and running over to the driver’s side.

It's a bit chilly outside, and once Zayn's in the car, he turns it on, cranks up the heat and drives away from Liam's street. He still doesn't say anything and Liam doesn't dare ask because it's Zayn and they'll most likely end up doing what Liam won't like until Zayn tells him that it'll be okay.

They drive for a total of five minutes until Zayn enters an abandoned parking lot. It's one Liam knows all too well, where most of the kids and teenagers hang out to play basketball and ride their bikes.

Zayn parks, and Liam's worry is fading because it's a parking lot and really, what the fuck?

"Get in the back," Zayn says, nodding for Liam to climb over into the backseat. Liam looks confused at first but does it anyway.

It's an awkward climb trying to squeeze through the space between the backrests of the front seats. It's not like he has a large frame or anything, but it's more of an unnecessary struggle he has to deal with when there's the option of just getting out of the car to get in the back.

Zayn follows him as soon as he's sitting down, and maybe Liam's a little too naive but it's late, and this is ridiculous, and Zayn hasn't explained anything to him.

"What are we doing?" he asks.

"Spending time together," Zayn answers. He moves close to Liam and throws his arm over his shoulders.