Saving for a rainy day

Summary: Idk why no one likes summaries anymore :/

By: Larrystylinsoninlove.tumblr.com

--------------------

“So much for your brilliant idea of a walk” Zayn teased the second they made their way back inside their complex. A day off, seemed to mean complete boredom for the two of them they had spent almost all morning sprawled across the sofa in Zayn’s apartment, with a bowl of popcorn; until they both decided that day time TV was probably the worst thing, maybe ever. Leading to Liam coming out with ‘I swear if we have to watch another Jeremy Kyle; I will stick a fork in my eye’ prompting Zayn’s wonderful suggestion that they ought to go for a walk.

In hindsight, that might not have been the greatest idea he’d ever had in his entire life. It might have been if the heavens hadn’t opened, the rain pelting down heavily down on the two of them, leaving them both completely drenched; soaked to the skin.

“How was I supposed to know it was going to rain?” Zayn defended, sure maybe it would have been a great idea to check the weather forecast before they went out, it wasn’t even something that passed through his mind, and he didn’t hear Liam suggesting it anyway.

The best about it was, they weren’t exactly that far away from the complex when it started to rain, a ten minute walk maximum, that really shouldn’t have taken them the half an hour it did take, with the two of them being so childish, messing about, trying to push the other over and kicking puddles at each other. Normally Liam was the sensible one, trying to take care of all five of them. Zayn got that, he did; there was something about Liam when he let his hair down, he stopped thinking and acted like the immature teenager like the rest of them did.

And somehow the two of them ended up straight back in Zayn’s apartment; sure Liam only lived up the stairs, but much to Liam’s complaint that that would have been an extra two flights of stairs to climb, and if he got pneumonia it would have all been Zayn’s fault; and of course he didn’t even have to answer that, Liam had jumped on his back as a result, which lead to the older boy running up the stairs, almost dropping  Liam in an attempt to pull his keys out of his pocket.

“You should have just known that Zayny” Liam announced jumping off his back, running a hand through his hair, the droplets of water dripping down his face from the simple movement.

Zayn’s eyes went straight for Liam, as soon as he jumped off him, his eyes glued to the figure in front of him, trailing the length of his body as soon as he pulled his jacket off, the pair of them were completely soaked through, the material clinging to Liam’s body in all the right places, leaving Zayn utterly speechless, he could see everything, every outline, it was all Zayn could do but force himself not to bite his lip. His mind was going somewhere he really couldn’t afford to let it; he had tried so hard to put Liam out of his mind, at least in that way anyway. Liam was his best friend; he couldn’t like him like that, he shouldn’t.

What the hell was wrong with him, he was utterly floored, all he had to do was get changed, give Liam a dry pair of sweat pants and a top to change into, and they could go back to messing about like normal, just the way they had been this morning.

“C’mon, let’s get you out of these wet clothes” sauntered forwards to take his grip at the bottom of Zayn’s hoodie, even at that Zayn knew Liam had no idea the effect those words had on him. It should have been something simple; it shouldn’t have been Zayn over thinking things like that. Liam didn’t want him, he shouldn’t want Liam either, that was the thing though; he did!

Yet at Liam’s words all he could do was raise his arms above his head to let him, take it off; what was this? Why couldn’t it just have been as simple as it was, why did he have to over think things so much?