Eve of Destruction

Summary: ‘Make up won’t be able to disguise that fucked out look on your face, Li,’ Zayn tells him, voice still rough. He briefly wonders how he’ll get through the last half of their set list sounding like sex; then again, will anybody mind?

By: Clare-is-a-weed.tumblr.com

--------------------------

When the lights turn off, and the screaming gets louder, Zayn doesn’t let Liam catch his breath before he’s gripping the other boy’s wrist and dragging him away from the stage. He hears Louis shouting at them, Liam yelling something back in return, but the words are lost on Zayn. All he can focus on is the sweaty skin of Liam’s wrist, the aching pressure in his groin.

Liam doesn’t try to stop Zayn as he leads them down corridors, ignoring the questions and protests thrown their way. Liam just follows and it makes Zayn want to fuck him more. He licks his lips, stops, and steals a short kiss that tastes of summer love and freckles on your cheek. Someone shouts at them and they run again.

He finally finds a small room that’s cramped with old costumes and props and Zayn pushes Liam inside. His fingers find the light switch by the door and a blurry glow fills the room. Zayn tugs Liam into him by the collar of his shirt, one hand sliding down the waistcoat he’s wearing, all dapper beauty and short brown hair gleaming with sweat. Liam smiles at him, small and affectionate, before Zayn connects their lips in a wet open kiss that burns the synapses in Zayn’s head. He inhales Liam’s gasp, thinks about the similar sound he’d let out earlier in front of thousands of people when Zayn had come up behind him in a loose embrace so he could feel the effect he had on Zayn.

‘I want to fuck you,’ mumbles Zayn when he uncurls his tongue from Liam’s teeth for a few seconds.

Liam snorts and bites on Zayn’s lower lip. ‘I figured, babe.’

‘Shut up, this is all your fault.’ Zayn rolls his hips against Liam’s, drawing a moan from both their throats. Zayn breathes raggedly - sweat, cologne, and the faint trace of cigarette smoke from Zayn clinging to the other boy every change he got - and pops the button on Liam’s trousers. ‘Fuck, why did they make us wear these bloody things?’

Liam laughs into Zayn’s neck, mouthing softly because they couldn’t leave marks. It makes Zayn want to bite all over Liam’s throat. ‘Lou is going to kill us. And Paul. And everyone else.’

‘I’ll protect you,’ whispers Zayn as he slips a hand into Liam’s briefs.

Liam groans and thrusts up into his fist. ‘Zayn - I - ‘

‘No foreplay, Li,’ Zayn tells him as he reaches further back to ghost his fingertips against Liam’s hole. ‘We haven’t got time.’

Liam’s breathless laugh morphs into a moan halfway. ‘A quickie! Brilliant. Always wanted to have one.’ His eyes burn into Zayn’s, black on his flushed face. He licks his lips. ‘What about - ‘

The hand that isn’t softly pushing against Liam’s hole takes out the small tube of lube in Zayn’s front pocket.

‘I wonder if the fans got a picture of your erection,’ gasps Liam, smiling widely when Zayn waves the lube in front of him. ‘They’ll grow wild - but then, after tonight, I’m sure - ’ He muffles his disappointed grunt into Zayn’s lips when Zayn pulls his hand away so he can squeeze the lube onto his fingers. It’s Liam who undoes Zayn’s chinos, jerking him off a few times, spreading the pre-come all over the head.

Zayn’s trembling, lust and adrenaline making everything so much sharper, every touch sweeter. This isn’t new - Zayn shoving Liam against the wall, slick fingers tracing the pucker before slipping one inside - it’s not new at all but Zayn still feels a tendril of disbelief that he’s finally doing this, that after years of waiting and wanting and dreaming he can finally dismantle Liam apart like this. It reminds him never to take Liam for granted, to always be thankful that he is able to kiss this boy and wake up to his scrunched up sleeping face in the morning even if they have to disguise their affection in half-truths and outright lies. The band makes Zayn realise how lucky he is to be doing what he’s doing, to have the things he has, but it’s Liam who shows him how to love his life despite the secrets nailing his heart.