Seven Minute Mile

Summary: Liam wants to work out. Again. Zayn is annoyed. Yes, his boyfriend has a cut, beautiful body, but Zayn just wants to spend some time with Liam. And there is no fucking way Zayn’s getting on a treadmill just so they can be together. Unless Liam can give him the proper motivation.

By: Zappowziamfeelsbomb.archiveofourown.org

.org

-------------------------

Zayn flopped onto the couch with an overly dramatic sigh. He didn’t want Liam to go. “You’re going to the gym again?” He protested. “You’ve got to be fucking joking. Didn’t you just go this morning?”

Liam shouldered his gym bag and eyed his boyfriend. “That was yesterday, Malik. And yes, I am going again. Like I do every day.”

“What could you possibly need to do there every single fucking day? Wouldn’t you rather stay in? With me?” Zayn batted his eyelashes. “Watch a movie, possibly? There may be a blowjob in it for you.”

Liam smirked and let his bag fall to the floor. “So we’re negotiating are we?”

Zayn gave a wide grin. At least he had Liam’s attention now. “Sure. I’ve made my offer. What’s your counter?”

Liam crossed his arms and studied Zayn. “All right. You come to the gym with me, run with me, and I’ll give you a blowjob.”

“Ennnhhh,” Zayn made the sound of a buzzer. “Try again.”

Liam shook his head. “No. I think the way this works is that you make an offer, I make a counter offer, and then we alternate in the negotiations. So that means it’s your turn.”

Zayn nodded and sat up on the couch. He leaned forward, putting his elbows on his knees and clasped his hands. “Okay. We stay in and you can fuck me. I’ll buy the pizza. You choose the movie.”

“Been there, done that,” Liam said with a wave of his hand, and just a hint of a playful smirk.

Zayn started to protest, then Liam got a mischievous smile that stopped him mid-sentence. Zayn lifted an eyebrow and studied Liam. “What’s that?” Zayn asked.

“What?” Liam replied with a cheeky grin.

“That smile. What is that for?”

Liam crossed his arms and leaned on the front door. “How about this? You go to the gym with me, get on the treadmill, and whichever one of us can run a mile in the fastest time gets to fuck the other.”

Zayn made a show of pretending to clean out his ears. “I’m sorry. Did you just offer your ass as part of these negotiations?”

“I did,” Liam said simply.

Zayn sat back on the couch and gestured in Liam’s direction. “You have my attention, Payne. Continue.”

“When did we start talking to each like we’re footballers?” Liam asked as he pushed away from the door, referring to the habit they’d gotten into lately of addressing each other by their surnames.

Zayn grinned. There was something incredibly sexy about calling Liam by his last name. It felt almost territorial. Or, even better, like a challenge. “I don’t know. But I like it.”

“Me, too,” Liam agreed. He dropped into the chair across from Zayn. “But as I was saying. Let me restate my offer. You come with me to the gym, we’ll both get on a treadmill, and whoever runs one mile in the fastest time gets said ass.”

“We really have to go all the way to the gym for this?” Zayn questioned. “Couldn’t we just do a thumb war? Here? In our pyjamas? Ooo or just in our pants? That would be even better.”