Such A Flirt

Summary: Five times Liam thinks Zayn is playing around, and one time that Zayn proves to him that he isn't.

By: Scottmcniceass.archiveofourown.org

---------------

 The thing is, Liam knows it’s a joke. He’s not stupid. He knows how Zayn is; he’s a flirt, with anyone and everyone. He flirts with Louis, even though it pisses off Harry. He flirts with that interview woman, even though she’s twice his age. It’s just in his nature.

Liam can’t tell when he’s joking or not, that’s the issue. He can’t tell the difference between Zayn actually being interested in someone, or him just fucking around. It’s frustrating, to say the least. It’s even worse when he does it to Liam.

1

Zayn slips easily into the seat next to his, despite the fact that there’s more than enough room on the couch for Zayn to not be touching him. His thigh is pressed against Liam’s, and his arm is slung over Liam’s shoulder, as carelessly as if it always rests there.

“Watch,” Zayn says, jerking his head in the direction of Harry and Louis.

They’re on the tour bus, and Harry and Louis are sitting on Niall’s bunk -- since both of them have top bunks, and their driver gets anxious when more than one person sits on a top bunk--, chatting quietly with each other. Liam doesn’t know what he’s supposed to be watching. They’re just having an innocent conversation.

Until Louis’ hand goes to Harry’s thigh. But then, that could still be considered innocent, right? Except Zayn mimics Louis’ action on Liam. Liam can feel every fingertip separately, can feel the heat of his warm palm laying flat against his leg, even through the material of his jeans. Suddenly it doesn’t seem so innocent.

Liam keeps his eyes on Harry and Louis, though, because Zayn told him too. And then Harry leans in a bit, curls falling into his face, to whisper something to Louis. Zayn does that to Liam. Liam can feel Zayn’s breath on his neck, hot and damp.

“What d’you think they’re talking about?” Zayn asks.

“I don’t know,” Liam says calmly, eyes trained on the television. Zayn can get to everyone, but he can’t get to Liam.

“I think,” Zayn says slowly, “that Harry’s telling Louis exactly how he’s going to fuck him tonight.”

Liam jerks away from Zayn at that, cheeks burning. Zayn laughs loud enough that Louis and Harry turn in their direction, Harry with a guilty look on his face, Louis with a glare.

Zayn stands up and ruffles Liam’s hair. “I was just playing, Li.”

Of course you are, Liam thinks. You always are.

2

They’re on the set of the One Thing video, and everyone’s screwing around. They’ve been filming on and off for hours, and you’d think that they’d all be tired; they’re not. In fact, they’re all hyped up, filled with restless energy. The second the cameras aren’t trained on them anymore, the moment they’re given freedom to do whatever they want, they all start screwing around.

Well, except Harry, who laid down on the couch from the set and closed his eyes.

Niall’s off somewhere getting a new pair of pants -- Liam told him not to try to do the splits in the air, but no one listens to him, and he ripped them right down the seam of the ass. Liam and Louis are play fighting. They might be mature almost-adults, but they’re still teenage boys.