Chapter 16: A short walk on the beach

Start from the beginning

-That's so typical of you Zeth, Sally said kind of scolding him and then looking at me, He never sees where he's going, so he ends up in someone else's wave.

-Yeah, a guy punched me for that, Zeth said rubbing his chin, You're not gonna punch me, right?

-Hmmmm... I'll have think about that. No promises, I said with a giggle.

-So you surf?, Fred said looking at me in a snob way.

What's with this guy? He barely knows me and he has already decided he doesn't like me. Well fine by me. I don't like you either.

-Sort of, I said trying not to get pissed by his attitude, I'm still learning, and my brother doesn't want to let me go on my own until I'm ready.

-Don't worry, Sally said giving me a warm smile, I'll give you some tips that will help you up there, but first lets do something fun. I'm bored!

Barely she said that they all got onto their boards and started like surfing but in the coast. It's weird, but it seemed like real fun.

-Here, I'll teach you, Zeth said putting his shortboard on the sand, You just have to let it slide and then jump on it. It's a lot more simple than surfing, but you need to keep your balance.

-Don't worry, I said grabbing his board from the ground, I learn fast.

Ok, so I know I was bluffing and that I had no idea of what I was about to do, but he was watching so I better do something good, or else I'm gonna look like an idiot. It didn't seem that hard really...

I softly pushed the board on the surface of the water and let it slide. A few seconds later, I quickly jumped on it and placed my feet the way I do when I surf, but it was of course a smaller board.

I couldn't believe it. I didn't fall! Yay, I was so happy, and Sally and Megan kept on cheering me up until, well... let's say nobody taught me to stop, so I suddenly fell into the water. Crap, wet sand all over my body. I'm so sexy (yeah right).

-Are you ok Jill?, Zeth said offering me his hand, which I grabbed to stand up, That was awesome! And it was your first try.

-Thanks, I said shaking my hair to remove the sand from it, I actually just improvised. I had no idea what I was doing, I laughed.

-Hey Zeth, she did it even better than you, Cody said playfully punching Zeth's arm. Poor him, I didn't want anybody to mock of him because a girl younger than him was a better surfer. It was the ugly truth.

-Maybe, but I'm still better than you, he countered with a laughter, pushing him back by his shoulders.

Oh oh, a boys fight just started. I was already sure Cody would kick Zeth's ass. I like him, but I'm not stupid when it comes to bets. Not at all.

-Oh really?, Cody laughed, Let's see about that, he said before wrapping an arm around Zeth's neck and forcing him to bend over. Oh boy, he had him. No way Zeth can get himself out of that grip.

-A double ice cream to Zeth, Sally told me in a whisper. He's definitely cute, but I'd never bet for Zeth. He seemed strong, but Cody was definitely taller and faster. On top of that he looked a lot older than him.

-Deal, I immediately said shaking her hand behind our backs. I had this bet in the palm of my hands.

The match ended up quickly. Even when Zeth escaped from Cody's grip and tackled him down, Cody quickly rolled over and grabbed him with an arm on his back. Oh Jesus, that hurts for sure! And it's kind of humiliating too, to tell you the truth. Cody had him just where he wanted, and as he knew that so well, apparently he'd use that to piss off Zeth even more.

-Say that I'm better than you, Cody demanded laughing about him and tightened Zeth's arm, Come on say it!

-Alright dude, alright, Zeth said trying to get out of there, You win. You're better than me.

-Now say that you're a big moron, Cody added with a laugh, but then Megan interrupted the fight splitting them. She seemed to be the woman in charge, the mature one. I don't know if I like her that much, but sure Zeth needed a hand for Cody to stop annoying him.

-Don't be a baby Cody. You already won, she said frowning at him, thing that made him laugh even more.

-Oh I see, he said raising his hands in surrender, Ok, so I won't mock of him anymore.

-Told you so, I said smiling to Sally. Hell yeah, two bets in a row. This is definitely my lucky day. I should go buy a lottery number.

We were in our way to have an ice cream. Zeth was walking right besides me when I saw the other four walking faster than us. I know that trick, and I appreciated it. I really wanted to spend some moments alone with Zeth, so I could spell him with my girl's charms. And I would have, if it wasn't because I remembered I had to check out my phone. Oh shit, 5 missing calls.

-Oh man, I'm so dead, I said looking at the screen with my eyes widen. This looked really, really bad. It was worse than disaster.

-What's up?, he said glancing at the screen, Is it your brother?

-No, I answered him, instantly putting the phone on my ear, Far worse.

I didn't have to wait too long to get an answer. Instantly I heard that tiny and mad voice on the other side of the phone. Ugh, she was gonna kill me.

-Jill for the love of God, Cath said absolutely mad, I've been calling you for the last half hour. I almost call Steve thinking that something could be wrong!

And thank God she didn't. That'd be the end of my freedom as I know it right now, and probably he'd be pissed at Cath as well because of me. Meh, I don't think that's even possible, but he would be mad at me for sure.

-I'm so, so sorry Cath, I said trying that Zeth doesn't hear my conversation, I was kind of busy you know, and I lost track of time...

-You're with him?, Catherine's voice suddenly coming back to normal, Awww that's so sweet. Ok, I'll leave you alone now, but Steve should call you in about an hour, and for your own sake, answer the phone. I don't care if you're in second base with this...

-Catherine!, I said reacting with disgust to what she just said and then lowering my voice, That's repulsive.

-I know, I know you're a good girl. Just in case, she said with a giggle, I'll see you later girl. Good luck.

-Bye Cath, I said hanging up the phone.

Geez what a girl. Second base? ME? I don't think that will ever happen until... well, until I'm ready of course. I didn't realize I was totally blushed by my brother's girlfriend comment until Zeth asked me.

-Everything ok?, he said coming closer to me, Who's Catherine?

-She's umm, I said trying to bring my face back to normal, She's my brother's girlfriend, and she called me to know if I was ok, and got a lil scared because I didn't answer.

-You should keep your phone close then, he added with a smile, I don't want you to get grounded and not to see you for like a week.

-Me neither, I answered smiling at him as well.

Oh yes! He wants to date me, he wants to date meeeeee. I was so, so happy. The thing is that I kept on wondering, why hasn't he ask me for a date yet? Hurry up damn it.