49

"Em hurry! You're gonna be late!" V shouted from the other side of the bathroom door.
"He's here!" Hannah added but that didn't help me in my current situation. I could just walk out, perfect make up, perfect hair, perfect outfit but I was scared, like basically always at this point. So many thoughts went through my mind and with every single one I just wanted to stay home.

What if this ruins the relationship we had? It worked the way we did it right? No I was sure that I couldn't leave the bathroom yet. I wasn't able to go anywhere right now.

Every single time I closed my eyes I saw him hugging me in bed after we just woke up to cuddle with our daughter. I didn't know how we ended up in this situation last week but the fact that I didn't even try to get out of it but enjoyed it, made me doubt that we could leave the restaurant after our 'double date' in a few hours without hooking up again or something.

I still felt his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. NO. I can't think about that right now, this has to stop immediately. Those pictures and the memories came to my mind every. Single. Time.

A light knock on the door made me stop running around the bathroom while I fanned myself with my hand to cool down my burning cheeks.
"Ms. Hall your driver arrived" Lando said through the door, trying to be funny.
My mind went blank, then the images came up again. What do I do? Why is he standing in front of my bathroom? He'll know immediately what I'm thinking if I leave the bathroom like this, I panicked in my head.

I suddenly decided that it was unfair to let him wait like that and that I should overcome myself so I opened the door to everyone's relief and surprise.
"Finally!" V and Hannah exclaimed simultaneously.
Lando stayed silent while he looked at me and my outfit. The short time span he didn't say anything made me so nervous that I thought of going back into the bathroom.

"You look beautiful Em." He whispered. My cheeks became warm again.
"Thank you. You look great as well." I responded shyly and then a moment followed in which we just looked into each other's eyes, smiling.

"Okay that's enough or I'm gonna gag. You two leave now. June say bye bye mommy and daddy. Byeeee." Hannah cringed while she pushed Lando and me out of my own apartment. We couldn't even say goodbye to June properly.

We stood in front of my front door, looking at each other and then just bursted out laughing.
"What was that?" Lando asked, wiping his tears.
"I don't know but I can tell you they're the biggest Lanily shippers."
"Lanily?" Confusion spreaded over his face as he tried to connect 1 and 1. "Oooooh Lando and Emily. I didn't know we had a ship name yet. EmLan would fit better tho." He said. No way in hell was EmLan better than Lanily.
"Nah Lanily is much better."

While we argued over our ship name, we got in his car. When we agreed on a date he said he would care about everything and surprise me so I had no idea where we were going. He just said I shouldn't dress too fancy.
"So when are you telling me where we're going?"
"I won't. It's a surprise. If I tell you it's not a surprise anymore."
"I knoooow but I hate surprises. When I found out about the pregnancy it was a big surprise and I didn't like it at first too."
"That was a weird comparison..well but look at you now. The surprise of the pregnancy turned into something great."
"Hey don't turn around the cards now. But you're right, I admit that." I sighed and sunk in the car seat.

After a 20 minute drive we arrived somewhere in downtown. I already had some doubts about being seen by fans but Lando was super calm.
"There we are." He said as he opened the door for me and helped me to get out of the car because it was so low.

"Thank you. You're a real gentleman today." I giggled.
"Today? I'm always a gentlemen." He grinned proudly.
"Yeah right, my bad. Anyway. Can you tell me where we are now because it looks like you're kidnapping me." It really felt like that when I considered that we stood in a parking garage without cameras or people around.
"I promise I won't kidnap you."
"I feel like that's something a kidnapper would say in this type of conversation too."