Chapter 75

Alexis holds my hair back as I vomit into the toilet for the second time this afternoon

Alexis holds my hair back as I vomit into the toilet for the second time this afternoon. Since I woke up yesterday, I've been in and out of consciousness. All I wish is that Auggie was with me, so that he could stay with me even when I'm asleep or when I try to form words but nothing comes out. He would know what I want to say just by a look. I am going through withdrawls, withdrawls of my own memories.

We're back in Washington. Back in our old apartment. Most of Lorenzo's men are on the lookout for Spencer and Auggie. "I'm okay, Alexis, I just need some alone time." I say and she nods, letting me go and leaving the room without another word. I am so weak that the journey to the shower which is literally two centimeters from me, makes me collapse. I manage somehow though, letting the hot water burn my skin.

It's been hard to remember where my time has gone. I'm plagued with the scenarios of that dark room my mind came up with. I am lost in time not sure about the days that have gone by, if any. Everything blurs together, the image of Spencer taking Auggie away to safety but leaving me. I am pulled from my thoughts when the door reopens. Liam stands halfway in the bathroom, peaking over at me and I smile hoping that he'll give me one back. But he doesn't and shame hits me. This is all my fault, why I'm in this state.

I dry off and head back into the room after brushing my teeth. I dress quickly, exiting the closet only to see the TV light up. A familiar sense of deja -vu and happiness hits me as white words fill the darkened screen.

Speak

"Pen?" As soon as I speak a map fills the screen, a stretch of green land, a red circle flickers near the south before it zooms in showing where I am. One thing I notice is that there's 'Get away from the door' on the screen.

what the fuck.

Not even a moment later the door explodes into pieces, the impact taking me off my feet and throwing me across the room. It leaves a ringing in my ears. Some trickles into the room and I cough, forcing myself up. My vision is blurry from the blast but I can see that the front entrance and ceiling above me has been blown.

It's quiet after the blast until the bullets start. They hit like a domino effect, one of Enzo's men gets shot in the head then it flies into the two men behind him before embedding itself in his neck. Blood paints the back of the wall where family pictures once hung.

I see Enzo press himself against the island counter while I crouch outside my old bedroom door. I grab a hair tie, pulling my hair up into a ponytail. I reach for something beside me and he instantly points his gun at me as he thinks I'm going to shoot him or something which is dumb because he's the only one who has a gun between us.

I pick up a large shard of glass from the floor, giving him the finger before throwing the shard right at him. It flies past with so much force it lands in one of the gunman's chest behind him. He releases a howl of pain before diving towards me, in a blur I fly towards him. Slamming both my feet into his the man's chest, I land on my side and spin, kicking his feet behind him. He's not quick enough and falls to the ground.