Chapter 50

I have a date with Roman

I have a date with Roman I stupidly agreed to.

Spencer isn't happy to say the least. But we went back to his apartment so he has a night of cleaning my dad's blood off the hardwood floor.

I don't know why I feel so guilty telling him all about the date and how long it will be and where we will be going. Me and Spencer have nothing going on romantically but in some ways, it still feels wrong. But in saying that, I've enjoyed talking to Roman more on and off for the past few days.

My outfit is a little tight skinned and for once, it feels nice to wear something other than baggy shirts, sweatpants, or jeans and t-shirts that are suitable for work.

I'm wearing a cherry red dress with spaghetti straps for my shoulders. Paired with a black leather jacket, a pair of red chunky heels on my feet and some silver jewelry along with a small purse. I've kept the makeup minimal and I'm greeted with compliments from Auggie and a little from Spencer as I step out of my bedroom with everything on.

Roman is picking me up in a couple minutes and I'm fidgeting with my hands as I wait.

  "Mommy you look so beautiful." Auggie says, gazing up at me. I crouch down to his level, giving him a big smile as I brush my nose against his.

  "Thank you, peanut. You look so handsome with your t-Rex pj's." I say and he giggles.

  "As much as I hate you going on this date, you look very beautiful." Spencer says, whispering it in my ear as I stand back up.

  "Thank you, Mr. Reid." I say, turning around to look at him. He's eyeing me up and down and I know damn well that if Auggie was at my mothers, he would be tearing everything off.

I hear the bell ring and I peer out the hole, seeing Roman. He looks so different as he wears a nice black suit and his hair is gelled back. He's swaying back and forth on his feet as his hands are shoved deep into his pockets. Awe that's cute. He's nervous.

  "Have a good time, my monkey." I call to Auggie and he says the same to me back. "You call me for anything but him dying, and I will pummel you into the floor like you did my dad, understood?" I ask Spencer and he looks at me with an amused smile.

  "Yes ma'am."

I open the door and greet Roman with a smile as he takes my hand to gently lead me to his motorcycle.

!!!!

He opens the door so I can walk in first. I slip his hand in mine and while I feel like I would get some pins and needles or electricity, I feel nothing. And if he hadn't kissed my cheek, I would've been more disappointed.

  "You look amazing." He compliments me and I almost breathe a sigh of relief hearing those words. I like when men call me beautiful or pretty or amazing. Not sexy.