Chapter 8

I should've known going to this club would end up being annoying

I should've known going to this club would end up being annoying. I had about five close encounters with some old "friends" I made during my sparse and short middle school days, and none were enjoyable.

The club was very crowded, and I didn't expect this, it's my fault for picking a busy day. But unfortunately, I couldn't kill everyone who annoyed me. I'm in a terrible mood, and not even the dozens of girls staring at me changed that.

I was still thinking about the dream I had a couple nights ago about Camilla. I was thinking about her more than I should have.

El and I are both on our second bottle of Vodka. I have another person to track, a girl with a snake tattoo, down tomorrow, and I'm currently getting shit-faced, so I'm going to have a hangover while I torture the woman. Fuck. But I'm already two bottles in, so why stop now?

  "Hey! Do you want anything else?" El's voice makes me snap out of my thoughts, and I turn to look at her.

  "I'm fine." I sigh, leaning back on the black chair I'm sitting on, the color of the leather matching the walls of the strip club, the lights are dim, and it gives the place an old-school aesthetic to match the other furniture.

At least we had places to sit and fewer people to annoy us. I looked around the club, watching as the women danced around the poles or simply performed by themselves on small elevated stages scattered across the place. Money was flying around tonight. Every dancer was busy except for the few waitresses.

  "You don't seem like you're enjoying yourself." El chuckled under her breath, sitting on the chair next to mine.

  "Just tired. I haven't been able to sleep the last couple of days." I sigh, taking another sip from the bottle before I place it on the glass table in front of me. At least the music in this place isn't shitty or too electronic, it's a slower beat that matched the strippers' routines perfectly, or maybe I was overanalyzing things because I'm a genius with a 187 IQ.

  "How come? Is it Camilla again?"

El is the only one outside of the team I told about Camilla.

  "Come on, don't be gloomy over that girl. You left that life behind." El nudged me with her elbow, and I shrugged at her, focusing on someone who had walked closer to the bar across the room.

Her blonde hair is shiny under the lights, falling in delicate curls down her back, and well fuck me, the corset she has on values her hourglass body and makes her ass look perfectly round, especially with the black stockings and heels.

Her back is turned to me, but I know she's hot. Her body is enough to make my heart race...and then she slowly turns on her side, which is enough for me to see a black ink design on her hip.

It's a snake.

My eyes slowly travel up her stomach, skipping over her chest, and I look at her face just when she decides to completely turn in my direction. Everything around me seemed to disappear, and her blue eyes finally met mine, as if she could feel my shameless staring from across the room. Her face lights up, and I smile at her.