Chapter 40

I don't know everything about Spencer's life

I don't know everything about Spencer's life. I know some things though such as how he has to be careful going out and how he can't interact with his old friends anymore. I find it awful for him. He does have Elle and I know they're close but even then, I'm sure it's disheartening that he can't talk to the others he had grown to know all those years.

The sun has dipped below the horizon, casting an ethereal glow over the city as we find ourselves cautiously making our way through the dimly lit streets. We're both buzzed so thankfully we didn't take a car.

We stumble down the road, laughing filling the air being carried by the breeze as we catch ourselves on each other. This is of course I rare night out for us, letting loose and indulging in a few too many drinks. Our hands are tightly interlocked, providing a semblance of stability as we meandered through the quiet neighborhood.

The streetlights cast a warm glow on our faces, illuminating our hot cheeks and sparkling eyes. The sun has now completely disappeared, leaving only the moon in the sky with it's speckle of stars.

  "Mmm, Spence," I slur, my words being accompanied by a giggle. "this is nice, huh? We're quit the pair."

Spencer chuckles, his words slightly slurred as well. "Yes, we are. Q-quite the pair indeed." His face gets close to mine as we kiss each other. Our brilliant minds reduced to stumbling fools. We sway together, our laughter echoing through the empty streets. Despite our inebriated state, we find solace in each other's presence, embracing a carefree moment we barely get to experience in our demanding lives.

As we approach the driveway of Spencer's apartment, I playfully stumble, nearly loosing my balance. Spencer's reflexes kick in, swiftly pulling me back into his arms. My laughter turned into a tender moment as he holds me close, our eyes locking together.

  "You know," Spencer murmurs, his voice filled with genuine affection, "you're very pretty."

My gaze softened, my fingers gently grazing his cheek. "And you, my brilliant and unpredictable Spencer Reid, are pretty too."

In that moment, the world around us fades into insignificance. The weight of our responsibilities and the darkness we face daily are temporarily forgotten. It's just the two of us, swaying in the driveway, lost in an intoxicating haze.

With a shared understanding, we stumble through the front door, our laughter following them into the warmth of our home. We navigate the familiar space with Elle's help, our movements almost synchronized even in our drunken state.

"You two need no more nights out if this is how you're going to act." Elle tells us as she leads us into Spencer's bedroom where Auggie is fast asleep. "He wouldn't sleep anywhere else. He was adamant about it." She sighs. I take off my coat as does Spencer and settle into bed with Auggie, cradling him between Spencer and I, our bodies all intertwined in a big heap of Hendrick's and Reid.