My Uber Boyfriend

No Quirk AU
Chubby Midoriya Izuku

--------------------------------------

Katsuki's a college student.

A college student with bills to pay, but no money to pay them with.

The suck-ass part of being a full time chemical engineering major? The unpredictable hours, unpaid internships, and long sleepless nights of studying.

The cool part of being a chemical engineering major, though? He's gonna be a fuckin' chemical engineer? How much cooler can that get? He's three years into this shit, and ain't given up anytime soon.

But with being a student on his own, comes bills.

His parents pay for his schooling outside of what grant and scholarships cover, and even gifted him a sweet ass jeep for completing his first year of college with straight A's. So how could he ask them for anything more? He can't. He has too much pride to keep asking mommy and daddy for grocery or rent money.

The campus dorms weren't worth what his folks were paying either, and the roommates and common room bullshit got old fast. So, he moved into a studio apartment above a music studio. Rent is cheap, because living in a shoebox above a goddamn makeshift concert venue wasn't exactly at the top of the desirable realty market list.

But the rent still needs paid, his phone bill and gym subscription needs to stay current, and groceries are a necessity, so Katsuki looked for a job.

Which resulted in.....not finding one even worth the loose change between Shitty Hair's raggedy couch cushions.

Underpaid restaurant staff, basic office work that wasn't flexible enough for his school hours, coffee shops that only wanted part time workers at the ass-crack of dawn, pizza parlors looking for delivery boys who wouldn't reimburse the driver's in mileage, and babysitting. That last one was enough to make him want to set hisself on fire.

But, he has a car.

A nice one, at that.

And sometimes, when the planets align and pigs get close to flying, his shit friends have......less-shitty ideas.

Which is how he makes most of his money these days. Thanks to Hanta's drunk bubblegum headed girlfriend suggesting he drives for Uber, after he scraped her sparkle-sequined ass off a curb pavement at two in the morning, almost a year ago.

So.....now he drives for Uber on his own time, and makes decent cash doing it. Katsuki is a good driver and normally keeps to himself for the ride, only offering conversation when the passenger(s) start it. Other than that, his comfortable silence gets pretty high ratings. Even his road rage has gotten significantly better since starting the gig.

The best money comes from hanging around the airports during the day, and downtown clubs at night. Drunk college idiots and bachelorette party goers always give decent tips, and he can charge the app company for cleaning fees if anyone happens to throw up their sins and regrets in his backseat.

It's happened three times, so now he keeps barf bags and waters in the passenger seat floorboard.

As he finishes up his current ride-share drop off in front of a swanky apartment complex, Katsuki's phone pings for the next driver request. He accepts by sliding the green button, then puts the jeep in gear to head northwest. He only gets a mile down the road before the app pings again...and again.....and again.

'What the fuck?'

Katsuki slows to stop at a red light, quickly tapping the notification icon to bring up the customer chat page.