Izuchan

Izuku was one hundred percent sure he was hallucinating. When he walked into class Monday morning, not only did Katsuki tell him good morning, he smiled. Katsuki Bakugo doesn't smile at Izuku. The fact was something Izuku had lived with since Katsuki developed his quirk. Now that they were in their second year, they had become proper rivals, even friends! Izuku can admit Katsuki and him were definitely closer.

This, however, did not happen. He has seen Katsuki smirk, grin maniacally, and sometimes he'll give a small huff of a laugh. Never has he ever smiled. Genuinely smiled! At Izuku, no less!

Deciding not to question it, Izuku smiled back. "Goodmorning, Kacchan!" he grinned.

Katsuki smiled again, though a smirk looked like it wanted to form instead. "Did you sleep well, Izuchan?" He asked. What-

Izuku had to be dreaming. He was sure his face was bright red. His mouth was open as he gaped at the blonde. Is this how Kaminari felt when he short-circuited?

Brain? Empty. Thoughts? None. Hotel? Trivago.

Yeah, Izuku needed to move far away. He can't deal with this. Izuku's heart was beating so much he was sure anyone could hear it. He needs to book a hotel, maybe one in America. Perhaps Mars. Anywhere far, far away from here.

Katsuki seemed to like his reaction by the why his grin grew sharper. "Are you ok, Izuchan? Your face is really fucking red!" He feigned concern. Oh, and fuck him for that.

Izuku tried to reply but his mouth felt like cotton. He licked his lips and tried to come back to his senses. "Wha- HUH?!" he sputtered. Oh, his mouth is just now catching up. Izuku blinked and tried to form literally any words. He opened his mouth again and squeaked. Fuck. Someone end him right now, please.

A high-pitched whine left his throat as he dropped his head onto his desk and hid in his hands. Izuku's mumbling was incoherent. He couldn't even think of anything else but that Katsuki called him Izuchan.

Did he die and go to heaven? Was it Toga in disguise? Was he being pranked?

Oh. That was definitely likely. Izuku tuned in to the rest of the world and realized some of his classmates were snickering. He raised his face from his hands and pouted at Katsuki.

"You shouldn't tease me like that, Kacchan." Izuku frowned. His heart couldn't take it if Kacchan was just messing with him. Katsuki seemed like he wasn't expecting that answer by the way he didn't immediately respond.

"Why would I tease you, Izuchan?" Katsuki raised a brow.

"That!" Izuku pointed at him. "W-what's up with that?!" he asked, his voice going higher.

The blonde tilted his head and smirked. It did vicious things to Izuku's heart. Katsuki always reminded him of an aggressive puppy. Now Izuku's heart is melting at the thought of Katsuki as a puppy. He would totally be a Pomeranian.

"What? Me calling you Izuchan?" Katsuki asked, his voice lowered as he said Izuchan. It made Izuku immediately blush again.

Izuku nodded, unable to form words.

"You call me Kacchan. Why can't I call my best friend Izuchan?" Katsuki questioned.

"It's illegal- wait. You think of me as your best friend?" Izuku cut himself off as he grinned excitedly.

Katsuki reddened, realizing his mistake. "Obviously." He muttered.

"Kacchan!" Izuku cooed. His hands twitched as he refrained himself from squishing the blonde's face. Katsuki's cheeks always puffed out when he pouted.

Before anyone could say anything else, Aizawa entered the classroom. Throughout the whole class, Izuku couldn't focus. How could he when Katsuki was teasing him like that! Was this flirting? It felt like flirting.

The bell rang, signaling lunch had started. Before Izuku could walk out of the classroom, Katsuki had wrapped his arm around his shoulders. Izuku blushed and looked at the slightly taller blonde in confusion. "Kacchan?" he questioned.

"What's up, Izuchan?" Katsuki smirked. Izuku's traitorous heart flipped as his face flushed.

"W-what are you doing?" He asked, gesturing to Katsuki's arm. It didn't bother him but being this close was giving him hope. Izuku wasn't sure he could take this just being a prank.

"Going to lunch," Katsuki replied as if it was obvious. "The fuck is wrong with you today, Izuchan?" he asked.

"Kacchan." Izuku started hesitantly. He wasn't sure what was going on but he didn't like it, If Katsuki was going to give him hope, only to say it was a lie would definitely break him. They had just repaired their friendship and, he wasn't going to ruin that. "Were you hit by a quirk? Do you need to see Recovery Girl? Did you switch dimensions with a different Kacchan? Is this your way of-"

"De-Izu!" Katsuki interrupted his spiraling thoughts. His hands were holding Izuku's and they were standing in the now empty classroom.

"Sorry." Izuku hiccuped. He hadn't realized he was even crying.

Katsuki sat down against the wall and pulled Izuku into his lap. "What-" Izuku croaked in confusion.

The blonde shushed him and held Izuku against his chest. A hand was in Izuku's hair, playing with his curls while another hand was rubbing gentle circles on his back. It made his heart feel so warm. He never wanted it to end.

"I'm sorry," Katsuki whispered. "Shitty hair and Pinky said if I wanted to flirt with you, I should call you a cute nickname like Kacchan. I should have known you wouldn't like it- fuck." he cursed.

Izuku's mind screeched to a halt. "F-flirt?!" Izuku squeaked. Why would Katsuki flirt with him? He was just plain old Izuku. Nothing special.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Of course, you're special. I love you, Izuku. You aren't plain, you're beautiful. Have you seen your face?" Katsuki said while pulling him into a tighter hug.

Izuku realized how tense Katsuki was. "I love Kacchan, too. I thought he was making fun of me with the nickname. I really loved it and didn't want it to be a prank." Izuku whispered.

"We're dating now," Katsuki stated confidently.

"I would hope so, or else what I'm about to do would be awkward." Izuku giggled.

Before Katsuki could voice his confusion, Izuku kissed him.

Kissing Katsuki felt like coming home. His kisses made Izuku want to melt into a lovesick puddle. It was as if the world faded away leaving only them.

Izuku pulled away to catch his breath, resting his forehead against Katsuki's.

"Say it again?" Izuku whispered.

Katsuki huffed but complied. "Izuchan," he replied.

Yeah, Izuku might have needed to kiss Katsuki a few more times after that to make sure he still wasn't hallucinating. At least he could cancel those mars plane tickets.

THE END