The Pain of Losing You

Adult Bakugou Katsuki

------------------------------------

<Katsuki POV>

Sunday mornings were your favorite

It's been like forever since Izuku died during the war back at UA in our 1st year. He never get to graduate and never get to achieve his dreams to become a hero. Ever since then all I do is scream and cry every night thinking about him. Every sunday I visit and stay at the park where we used to play as kids. Just relieving the memories of happiness that I can't have, since Izuku took it with him.

I used to meet you down on Woods Creek Road

Every once in a while, I go to the place where our friendship broke. To the place where I called him the blasted useless of a nickname that deeply hurt my bestfriend. Thinking that I should have taken the hand that reached out for me. Now it became my regret.

You did your hair up like you were famous

Even though it's only church where we were going

I remember back then when we were kids, Izuku would always tie my spike of a hair into pigtails just for fun saying that it's cool. It's not, but I would always tolerate it since it's Izuku my bestfriend, and that was before my quirk showed up.

Now Sunday mornings, I just sleep in

Now without Izuku, my life is nothing but an empty shell of my former self. All I do now is wake up, eat, shower, get dressed, get to work, go back home, sleep, then the cycle starts all over again.

It's like I've buried my faith with you

Izuku's death took a toll on me really hard, that I can't even function well without him by my side. It's like Izuku took everything from me and I willingly let him take it.

I'm screaming at a god, I don't know if I believe in

'Cause I don't know what else I can do

Every chance I got, I would always scream at myself in the mirror. Scolding myself. Saying that I should have done better to save Izuku, but deep down I know that I've done all I can to possibly help Izuku survive, and Izuku would definitely agree. So, I just cried every now and then, cause I don't know what else I can do anymore.

I'm still holding on to everything that's dead and gone

I don't wanna say goodbye 'cause this one means forever

Everyone around me kept saying that I should move on and continue living my life. Saying that it's been years since Izuku left the world.

But, I don't want to move on.

It's hard for me to let go and just put everything behind me. Including every moments with Izuku, every memories spent together with him.

I know it's not healthy, but I don't care  because I don't want to let go.

Now you're in the stars and six feet's never felt so far

Here I am alone between the heavens and the embers

Everytime I went to sleep, all I could think about is Izuku. Wondering where he is now.