Impostor

Midoriya Izuku walked into the teacher's lounge with a nervous expression. Aizawa had asked him to meet him there after classes were over, and although Izuku couldn't think of anything he had done wrong, he knew better than to underestimate his teacher. When he walked into the lounge, the only teachers inside were Aizawa, Present Mic and Midnight.

"Hello, Midoriya!" Midnight chirped as he passed her desk. He greeted her back and approached the couches toward the back of the room, where Aizawa and Mic were sitting together. It was a little known fact that the two were married, although the entirety of 2-A knew due to their close relationship with their homeroom teacher. Aizawa had volunteered to be their homeroom teacher until the class graduated, because despite his uncaring demeanor, everyone knew he had the urge to protect the kids as much as he could. With all of the bullshit they had gone through in their first year, Izuku couldn't blame him.

"Midoriya," Eraserhead said, nodding to him. "Sit down."

Izuku took his seat on the couch across from his teachers, twisting his gnarled fingers together anxiously. "You wanted to talk to me about something?" he asked.

"That's correct. I have a proposition for you," the black haired man said. He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees, dropping his voice conspiratorially. "I want to test some training with your class, and I want you to help me with it."

Izuku leaned forward as well, his nerves fading to intrigue. "Training? What kind of training?"

Aizawa smirked deviously. "Have you ever met the first year hero student, Takimichi?"

-----

Aizawa Shouta sat at his desk at the front of the room the next day, watching his students mingle and chatter before class began. Nearly all of them were present, save for Bakugou Katsuki, Midoriya Izuku, and Midoriya's closest friend group. He assumed that Midoriya and Bakugou were running late after training together that morning, whereas Midoriya's friends had all waited for him before they walked from the dorms to the main building. Shouta checked his watch, frowning. They had six minutes to get to class before he would have to mark them as tardy.

Just as he thought this, the door to the classroom slid open, revealing five giggling teenagers. Midoriya was in the middle of the pack, being the center of attention. Aizawa watched him closely, taking him in from the top of his unruly curls to the bottom of his bright red sneakers. With that look alone, he felt quite satisfied with the beginning of his training plan.

"Cutting it close, are we?" he asked the group. All of them turned to face him, although it was Iida Tenya that spoke up first.

"We apologize for nearly being tardy, Sensei!" The boy chopped his arm like a robot. "Midoriya-kun and Bakugou-kun's morning run ran long, and we did not wish to leave Midoriya-kun behind!"

"Then where's Bakugou?"

"Ah, B- um, Kacchan told us to go ahead," Midoriya stuttered. Aizawa caught the slip-up of Bakugou's name, but it appeared no one else had. "I met my friends on the path after I took a shower." He gave Aizawa a meaningful look that no one else would have been able to decipher. Shouta took it to mean that Izuku had been the one to train with Bakugou that morning, but "Midoriya" was the one who walked with his friends and now stood in front of him.

Shouta watched the four other students closely, but didn't find any hint of suspicion in their eyes. He mentally marked them down for the training exercise before he swept his eyes over the rest of the classroom. "Alright Problem Child and friends. Go sit down."

They did so, and immediately after sitting down, Sero turned to chat with Midoriya. After a few moments, Aizawa looked away from them. He mentally marked Sero down, too.