CHAPTER-45

"Time doesn't take away from friendship, nor does separation. One day spent with someone you love can change everything."

JYOTHIKA

Prithvi was fearless.

This was my conviction, but then I saw him trembling before a pair of doe eyes and gazing at him with utmost curiosity.

'He looked nervous in front of a hardly fifteen-month-old kid!' I'm trying my best not to laugh.

At one survey of others, it seemed like even they were holding in their chuckles.

Thanks to Azar's witty plans, Prithvi along with him and Ayesha were in Rajvanshi's place. Technically it was Arjun's home. However, he hated his name solely called over acres of property. Legally, it was named after him too. 'He is complicatedly stupid like that.'

Our untimely presence on a weekend afternoon was all thanks to Azar putting the idea for all of us to meet. Prithvi agreed yet wasn't clearing his busy schedule. So Azar spammed his phone with dozens of adorable pics of Arjun and Meera's kids and guilty-tripping him about how two innocent human babies were being deprived of their Godfather's affection and care.

His plan did wonders. The man who spared less than two hours if we minus sleeping hours- to his newly wedded wife was suddenly free the entire weekend. Unless we cross the one-year mark, I'd like to address myself as newly wedded.

Back to the moment, we shared long hugs and then Meera dropped baby Aradhya in his lap. Arjun was yet to know about our surprise visit as he was in his firm and would be home shortly. Baby Aarav was having his afternoon nap and Meera shared with us how baby Aradhya wasn't a fan of naps during the day. A clear resemblance with her grandfather, Uncle Rajvansh. I was glad she was following a great example and not her high-tempered father.

"Prithvi, she won't bite you," Azar breaks the ice.

Prithvi glared over the baby's head at him but quickly composed his expression when she tipped her head to look at him. It almost appeared as if she was analyzing him. Whether it was worth her time to spend with him.

Somehow taking the charge herself, she yawns cutely. Her pink chubby cheeks puffed up more. She blinked her big eyes to remove the tiny moisture in them making us all coo at her. Prithvi's eyes softened with instant adoration and finally, he relaxed by scooting back on the couch and cuddling her little body closer to his chest. He draped a small shawl given by Meera over her.

My heart turned into a puddle. A memorable sight to witness. My hulk of a man being so caring and careful with a small baby. In hindsight, my mind imagines different scenarios with our baby. He would be the best father. I jerked from my daydreaming. 'Wasn't it too early for us to have a kid?'

"Maybe you'd want to click a few pics," Ayesha mutters, nodding at my phone.

I sprang up into action and thanked her. After clicking dozens of pics, I and Ayesha discuss them. She shared Azar's pics with both the babies and Meera joined us with Arjun's. We three got busy with 'awes and oohs' with the overloaded cuteness of boys.

Just then some theme of soap drama echoed across the hall.

Meera chuckles delightfully and informs us, "Lagta hai mom utt gayi. Unka favorite serial ka recap dekhti hai phir neeche aayengi,"

{Looks like mom has awakened from her afternoon nap. After watching her favorite serial, she'd come down}

It was interesting to see how Meera was attentive to Yamini Aunty's routine. I was about to praise her when a familiar and annoying person decided to make his entry.