CHAPTER-38

"Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one."

JYOTHIKA

The meeting was started. The loud arguments could be heard throughout the corridor.

I sighed at my outfit which was in complete contrast with the occasion. I looked like anything but not the wife of the CEO of this company.

Then again, I was not here to distribute cupcakes. The annoying voice of Bala was enough to fasten my strides and stop his dirty plans. Maybe crack some of his bones too.

"This situation is messed up but it can be solved easily. My wife, Gayathri has always been mistreated by her father and stepbrother. This is a hard time for both of us. My wife is in hospital, unconscious. Still, I'm here to take up the responsibility and bring justice to her. Prithvi has been arrested and I'll make sure he is proven guilty. You all must be wise enough to see the right leader of this huge business-

"And it was and it should be Prithvi Raj Sooryavanshi," I announce, swiftly stepping inside. I slow down and plaster a stoic expression. Perks of observing Prithvi. Thirteen faces snap their curious gaze on me. I can do this. "Please excuse my late arrival but I'll get straight to the point,"

"Who are you, Ms.?" one of the middle-aged men interrupts with a displeased frown.

Priyansh conveniently responds, creepily dead lilt in his voice. "Not Ms., but Mrs. Mr. Rai," He gestures to me to stand at the head chair of the table. Bala grinds his teeth so hard, it looks like they will fall off. "Please meet Mrs. Jyothika Prithvi Raj Sooryavanshi. She should have the right to speak to the board not some temporary member barking nothing that makes sense. Nonsense, just like your existence," he mutters only to be heard by Bala.

He reacts by grabbing his collar, "What the fuck did you say?"

Priyansh doesn't react at all. Except for a tiny tilt of his head towards the astonished members. I took the clue and jumped into the action. "And here, this person was claiming to handle the whole company but can't even handle his temper," 

They share a skeptical look. Having their immediate attention, "I won't sugarcoat the situation. Yes, Gayatri is in the hospital and Raj is being interrogated as we have this meeting. Though, the accusation is not proven so please don't consider him guilty," some appeared disinterested expecting another sobbing story. Others had clear doubts. I changed my strategy. "All of you here are experienced and successful in life to be sitting in this position. So be wise enough to choose the right man who can keep bringing profits and name to this company. And help you to secure your positions,"

Subtle warning was needed to seal the deal. "Choose your side carefully because like me Prithvi wouldn't be lenient with giving a second chance. With your respective agreement or not, he will claim his position sooner or later,"

Sour faces met my statement. Even if it was indirect, I implored who had the upper hand and the ultimate power in this situation. I was not allowing any random or influential person to talk shit about my man.

I sighed to myself once the meeting was concluded and everything ended in Prithvi's favor.

Once everyone left, Priyansh excused himself for a phone call. Bala banged his fist on the table. I let him be. He had little time to show his tantrums. "It's funny if you think this little speech will help his position. He will rot in jail and this entire thing would be mine," he leans into my face and smirks arrogantly, "I can change my mind, maybe if you beg and offer something...