CHAPTER-27

"Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss."

PRITHVI

There was odd restlessness in my heart.

I tapped my pockets to look for my phone, glancing around I found it on the table tucked between the boxes. Plucking it out, I unlocked the device. The ring of Gayu's phone caught my attention. She looks briefly alarmed then composes herself and answers her call.

"He's busy," her monotone response made me curious. "No, I'll let him know," even if she wasn't looking at me. It seemed like I was a reference. " I'm doing it immediately, okay?" she almost grits out.

"Your wife is waiting outside the complex," she informs with a forced smile. "She could be impatient,"

I don't acknowledge her indignant tone and dial her contact. What was Jyothika doing here? How did she get the address? Shit, it's already 7;05 in the evening.

"Come downstairs in five minutes,"

Few words in an insistent voice, then she hung up. I was left to stare at the screen bewildered by the shift in her mood. Lifting my gaze at Gayu's observant stance, I gesture at the door.

"I got plans with my husband too. See you later, Prith," Gayu bids her goodbye, smiling.

Right. I nod at her and leave. My mind was in a loop with several thoughts from the conversation with my step-sister to my plans. I also had an enraged wife to deal with. After a quick check on my phone, I cursed under my breath. Seventeen missed calls, I didn't dare to open the texts. Peeking at it, the range itself was proof of her mood.

From- 'Where are you to Whare the hell are you to Where the fuck are you? There were too many. I could feel the fumes of her anger miffed in the air as I stepped out of the elevator.

With hesitant steps, I moved out of the building. And I forgot to breathe.

Under the Porch lights, in a scarlet red knee-length meshed cape, crop top underneath and ankle length tight legging pants, hair in long waves, curled at the end, a couple of inches of heels- she looked sinful. I forced my eyes to glide up at her face. My hand flew to my mouth to not curse loudly. The red dam lipstick, she dressed to suffocate my breaths.

The flush of desires deflated to read the cold anger in her dark eyes. It was only momentarily, but my knocked-out senses even admired that emotion.

I'm an idiot. She's upset with me. I have resolved this issue first. She was leaning across my black bolero car, one leg kicked behind and arms folded. God, her red outfit against my black car was spiraling thoughts in all the wrong directions.

But why was she dressed up- Shit! Fuck! Guilt twisted my gut at the realization.

Speeding my steps to cover the distance, I ask warily, "You planned a date night for us?"

She tilted her chin up and her stare was heady. Wordlessly, she straightens her posture, unlocks the door, and opens the passenger side for me. Swallowing my arguments to drive us, I slid inside. I grimace as she shuts the door with a bang. Thank god this month's servicing was already done. Maybe I'd have to send it again if she keeps slamming the doors at this rate.

The ride, whatever the destination she would have selected, seemed long. Except for the low hum of the engine, the silence lingered between us. Her rainforest mist was swirling with my every breath. I can't get turned on! Tapping my fingers on my thighs, I tried thinking of weird things.

The way her fingers rolled on gear to shift the speed or her confident movements to maneuver the car was also fascinating to me. God, I'm such a love-sick fool for her.