CHAPTER-24

"Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it."

JYOTHIKA

Sometimes we get stuck into problems and sometimes problems get stuck with us.

This was exactly what I was facing right now.

There was so much going on in the family. There were barely any peaceful moments longer than a few minutes. And my dear husband hardly had any time to even complete the basic needs of the day. Which was anything minus the spare time for me. I was trying my best not to let my frustration be shown. Though I have to rant about my issues with someone. That turned out to be Ammu. Huge mistake. After I yammered for almost an hour, her response was- 'So much drama going on without me, I'm coming the next day.'

And dadi ji was giving me silent narrow-eyed looks from the second I delivered the news of her arrival. I get nervous when she talks with me but her silent pointed glances scared me to another level. From both directions, I felt like tumbling into a flood. Thank God I know swimming. In this case, my saving fairy was Bua dadi.

She gave me a fantastic idea and I-without even listening to it- screamed a yes. Only if I knew to escape from the flood, I was getting myself thrown into another pit. I agreed to make the kheer, from my first rasoi ritual and Dadi ji's favorite kadai paneer.

Both are going to be utter failures. I had zero doubts. Now, how do I reveal to them that I hate anything with paneer? Not like I know the recipe in the first place. And it was their grandson who prepared the lip-smacking sweet dish, I took complete credit.

It doesn't help that the tense environment among the family member was not lessened in any way. No one was talking with Gayathri. Except for Tripathi aunty. Everything was a mess. Prithvi was extra busy with his upcoming board elections and would bring his work even back home. I could count on one hand how many times we'd talk or spend a tiny time in one whole day.

This is the reason I was planning to kidnap him for myself.

I carefully pinned my baby blue sari pleats, spinning on my heel sideways to check if everything was proper. Today, the safety pin poked only once in the entire process and it took less than ten minutes to wrap myself in it. Improvement from ten pokes and twenty-five minutes to do the same task.

Still, if I could roam around in pajamas- it was Prithvi's tee shirt and my shorts. My most comfy outfit. I make efforts for dadi's but mainly it was for Prithvi. No matter his ideology to offer me to wear whatever I want, I don't miss the way his gaze travels on my body in traditional outfits. Every morning, while he'd be busy with his laptop or on his phone- I'd lift my brow questionably through the mirror by pressing two colors on myself. He'd discreetly nod at one color and after wearing it, the butterflies in my stomach would flap madly under his intense gaze.

I giggled stepping out of the closet but he wasn't anywhere. Where did he go? I thought he was on call. Rounding the bed, I reach for my phone on the other side to find his text.

'Urgent meeting had to leave early.'

I gape at the message and huff in annoyance. He couldn't have waited a few minutes for one kiss or one hug. That too I initiate every day!

'Sara romance mai hi karu!' {Only I should do all the romance}

That reminded me of the date I was planning for two days. Moving out of the room, I scrolled through my phone and re-checked the details. Everything was arranged from the secluded table with lightly scented flowers. Prithvi doesn't prefer anything with profound base notes. Neither colors nor any common things. It was on the rooftop with a beautiful view of nature, soft piano music to dance with him later, and his favorite food. The place was a little far and costly. I had to book it in advance and request each detail at least five times from the staff.