CHAPTER-15

"Feelings are something you have; not something you are."

PRITHVI

I shouldn't have been harsh on her.

Everything in life seemed to challenge me in every possible way. Until they start getting better. Though the process was never easy for me.

- But these recent life-altering changes were testing every bit of patience.

Pressing the back of my head more into my seated chair, I close my eyes. And like always there's only one person who's commanding all of my senses.

I may be able to ignore her effect with open eyes. Though it'd take one brief second of my closed eyes, she intrudes on my mind.

One glance at her disturbs my heart. Quietly requesting just once more, for a little longer.

After seeing her dressed in a bright red outfit, the open strands of her hair teasing her soft cheeks, and typical jewelry despite being heavy for her taste, she looked breathtaking. Unconsciously, her fingers fuss to adjust the mangalsutra or check her sindoor as she wasn't used to these new additions. I acted nonchalantly in front of her while applying it. 

If only she could have heard my thumping heartbeats. Always impulsive for her.

This was why distance from her was needed. It was not to avenge her betrayal because I can't think of hating her despite everything. My skin repels even at the thought of it. The distance was for our future. Her proximity or my right on her might tempt me to forget everything. Even if I force myself to forget, I wouldn't be able to move on with her. Not wholeheartedly.

Wounds on the heart don't heal so easily. They need time. I had enough scars that I have to live with, our relationship wasn't going to be another addition to it.

I don't want to rush the healing process by giving in to my desires. Things might be easier initially but there would always be a constant bitterness shadowing. They would ruin our relationship at first given leverage in the challenging situation that is bound to come in our lives. I don't want that. So I wouldn't allow myself to let my desires, and my love rule over my determination.

A slow smirk emerges on my lips at the thought, 'it doesn't mean I wouldn't give her the teasers of my wild intentions or remind her constantly of my claim on her.'

That much leniency is required for me to stay sane and patient. After all, my love for her is the constant opponent to test my resolve. Fuck! Relationships are nerve-wracking. With it or not survival wasn't meant to be easy.

A knock disturbs my deep analysis. I straighten my posture and ask them to get in. Time for work. Adjusting my desktop screen, I glance at Priyansh walking in with a stack of files.

I restrain my scowl at a load of file reading that was going to be thrown at me.

Neatly arranging the files on the table, he politely smiles. "P.R., it's good to see you after a long time. Hope the concerning issues of your life are sorted now,"

'More like the issues hooked my life forever.'

I only nod in response, as usual, the man doesn't press the matter. Despite our familiarity, he doesn't let his professionalism slip. Sometimes, too taut in his ways for my liking.

Fixing his glasses, the man dressed in a three-piece suit looked like a prodigy businessman in every sense. It wasn't surprising that unknown clients or people have mistaken him for the boss. Hell, he drove in his car daily while on most days I preferred my bullet. Off-handedly with his muscular physique, business suits reminded me of Henry Cavil.