CHAPTER-26

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

PRITHVI

I let my phone ring, moving across the room to near the windows.

Slipping one hand into my pocket, I observe the weather outside. Grey clouds steadily occupy the entire sky. I like this state of the weather. For me, they resemble the crude reality of life. Unpredictability. One would never know if these clouds were going to pour down or were just teasing your anticipation. Leave you disappointed.

"P. R, there's something that keeps running in my mind," Priyansh says, hesitation clear in his voice. I remain silent. "The timing of everything. Your sister's arrival, and her getting married to the same person who was responsible to jeopardize your relationship with Jyothi. I don't have any concrete proof to back up my theory but is it just a coincidence of events to happen right before the board elections?"

I don't beat around the bush. "Are you doubting her? Do you think she planned all of this?"

He clears his throat to steady his voice, "I don't have any proof yet,"

"Your personal opinion?"

Will it rain to relieve from the humidness or once again play with our expectations?

His response is instant, "Yes. We both know... she could do everything to get whatever she wants,"

But why she has to? I could already sign up everything to her name if she'd asked me. Why do I feel like this time what she wants to win was not in open sight? It won't rain. We interpret nature based on our inner emotions. The gloomy colors of the sky seem to reflect and weigh my heart. I sigh as I get another call from her. Remembering something, I look at him over my shoulder.

"Why have you kept my schedule free from the late afternoon?"

He reached to open the door, glancing at me with a teasing glint, "I was asked to. I'm not answering your further queries. The order was from a higher authority that would even make you bow down,"

Was it Dadi ji or Jyothika? Difficult choice. I flick my thumb to the green icon on the screen and direct it to speaker mode.

"You surely want to get involved with Gayu's matter? I can understand if-

Priyansh frowns at my sudden query. I expectantly wait for him to continue. I wanted to know his emotional status. I wanted her to hear him. "Prithvi,"

I fully turn around to give him my complete attention. He only uses my first name in personal conversations. "I don't want to let someone's impulsive decisions affect my life. There are still people around that truly care about me. I want to keep living up to them. Some people are meant to walk out of your life and I'm not going to ask them to stay or will I wait for them to come back. Everyone has the right to make their choices. I choose to move on. All I want...for her is to be safe, that's it."

I dip my head once, agreeing with him. After the door is shut softly, I lift the phone to my ear. If she could play with the boundaries then I have learned the right ways to make her rethink her actions.

"I'll text you the address and wait for you," she softly replies and hung up.

*****

I breathed out through my mouth before ringing the bell next to the door.

A lady in a yellow salwar suit opened it, her eyes trained on the ground. She gestured with her open palm to welcome in. I followed skeptically observing around. I turned to inquire but she was already outside the door.