CHAPTER-19

"Love has no limitations. It cannot be measured. It has no boundaries. Although many have tried, love is indefinable."

JYOTHIKA

"Baat bhi nahi karogi, Jaana," he drawls in a husky tone.

My breathing denied to ease out. I froze in my spot, the blush on my face resembled a feverish fever.

It doesn't help I was getting further into the mode of being a new bride. Bua Dadi has been hovering over me with her instructions. Some of them were way out of my comfort. Forming a middle ground, I started wearing light gold jewelry always like my anklets without any loud bells, my waist chain, and thin gold bangles.

I even lessen addressing him by his name in front of elders and using the 'Aap' kind of honorific. Not like I had any problem and Prithvi would have a life out of all of this. Looks like the rebel Jo was transforming into rebel bride Jyothika. Rebellion is part of my identity, I can't get rid of it completely.

I wouldn't have done even a fraction of these changes to any other man but for him, these little additions came directly from my heart. And he aced in timing to make me a blushing mess.

Drowning in shyness, I slowly looked up.

A slow smirk brims up on his lips as he leans back in his chair. Not fair! My expression accuses him, and he shrugs. As if saying- 'Not my fault to have this instant effect on you.'

After the wedding day, this was the first time he used that endearment. If I heard about any other couples, I'd have cringed. But I'm melting like chocolate when it rolls off from his raspy voice. Why does he look hot and tempting enough to jump on his bones? It's been a long I have seen him without clothes. Not like I saw him completely bare even once but...

"Jyothika, stop stripping me in your imagination," his speculation popped into my daze.

As if his intense eyes were thinking any innocent thoughts about me.

A knock disrupts our moment, and Priyansh enters in. Seeing him, my mind smirks and gets into a payback plan. 

"Priyansh," I call him sweetly. He was waiting to hear something from Prithvi but averted his attention in my direction. "I forgot to say this earlier. You look handsome in your formal suits. I didn't expect this stark difference from our school or college days. You look good. What do you think, Raj?"

Priyansh has a dumbfounded expression and Prithvi, twirling his pen was flipping through some files. "He does, I complimented him on many occasions,"

The move backfired. What kind of lame reaction was this?

I expected my husband to get possessive of his wife openly complimenting another man. Then he'd threaten the man to fire him. Slamming the door close, he'd punish me with hickeys for outsiders to see his claim on me.

But nothing happened! Mera husband sachame boring hai, hmph! {My husband is boring}

Priyansh jolts back into reality, awkwardly clearing his throat. "Umm... you have an important meeting to attend. Please don't forget in your rendezvous," he taunts him subtly. I giggle at Prithvi's sour expression.

"That meeting got postponed, I'd have informed but you took a sweet time to complete your lunch and was missing from the desk so I have to receive the information. And don't be jealous of my rendezvous. Do biwiyan ek saath, I can't tolerate it at once."

{Two wives at once!}

More than me, Priyansh looks pissed off. "I was not taking extra time but was caught up to escort your wife to your cabin. I never laze around during my working hours, you know this too." He flails his hands, explaining to me. "I'm not interested in him in that sense. He's not even to my standards. So please be assured,"