CHAPTER-23

We usually learn the most about ourselves from people who are different from us.

PRITHVI

Some relationships bring responsibilities that are meant to only burden you. It doesn't allow you to grow unless you find the courage to atone for such relationships. And that's nowhere easy.

This was the kind of relationship I had with Gayathri.

She was the daughter, the true heir of the Sooryavanshi empire, not me. Because no one trusted her eligibility that she should be seen beyond the restrictions of her solemn personality and gender. And I took it upon myself for the world and Mr. Sooryavanshi to drop their judgments and give her what she truly deserves. A fair chance.

But with her sudden move of marrying not to forget the vile man at that, my years of efforts seemed to be drained down to nothingness.

No, I can't give up before talking with her. Before knowing her thought process for taking such a drastic step.

Despite working on files for the next project, my mind was reeling back on the events from the morning. Everything during these months. There was something that might have left my vision. Sooryvanshi's family was either too peaceful or too chaotic. And Gayu's move seemed not the real storm but the silence before the occurrence of the true storm.

Sure, her new husband-I should get his name- was the threat. Though Gayu's intentions were something that made me weary. She was a smart woman yet sensitive, and vulnerable. I have been with her in all of her emotional breakdowns.

Dadiji was immensely worried for her. It was her and my continuous urge to agree to take therapeutic counseling. On her one condition- only two of us would know and she wanted to stay independently. Gayathri was a professional photographer, she'd work on her choice and preferred to travel. But the business streak in her was her driving force in life.

We supported her in everything, no questions asked. This time, I wished I'd indulged in her life more. Why the hell she'd get married when she hated the concept of being bound to anyone or anything?

I threw the pen to the side, clutching my head to take a breather from the onslaught of another headache.

My phone pings with the incoming message. From the corner of my eyes, I see on the home screen it was from Gayu. For the past couple of hours, I left them unread. In a quick move of mild annoyance, I silence my phone, keeping it upside down.

If I talk with her, I'd burst into anger knowing she'd reveal only to the extent she'd want not caring about the other person's feelings.

Gayathri has a complicated personality, it wasn't easy to handle her. The reason why she had no friend circle or anyone else close. Someone that would know her beyond her composed surface level. This is why I worry about her to this extent. Because there was no one else to stay with her.

And I know that feeling dam well.

Someone knocks on the door, I retrieve my hands back slumping in my chair knowing the person already.

"You are the most annoying boss I ever worked for!" Priyansh walks in his casual wear of a white turtle tee shirt and jeans. "Who the hell calls his employee on a fucking Sunday, a satan if I say so. See you made me even curse!"

I shook my head at his useless tantrums. He's a workaholic though his love for weekends to be free was amusing. "I'm the only boss whom you have worked ever,"

He plops on the visitor's chair, huffing in annoyance, "Don't remind me of my grave mistakes, it ruins my mood further!" He places a huge clothed bag, almost blocking my view. "By the way, this lunch was asked to be delivered to you. See, you even make your wife works on Sunday,"