Horrible to fantastic!

Picture of Elena's dad ----->

Elena's p o v:

It was a dull boring morning. The sky was clouded just like my mind. It was depressing, just the way I felt. I really wanted to ditch school today but I knew my parents would get unhappy. They always wanted me to be a sincere and honest person in life if not anything else.

I was already running a bit late. I took a quick shower. My eyes were red and swollen. Thanks to all the crying. I put on my faded blue skinny jeans and a white tank top. I wore a purple checkered shirt on it and braided my hair.

As I came down the stairs my mom's eyes widened seeing me. "Honey, are you ok? Have you been crying? You didn't even come down for dinner yesterday."

"I'm fine mom...", I gave her a fake smile.

"Don't lie to me darling. Come here sit down.", she spoke in her I-know-something-is wrong tone.

"Mom, I'm late. I'll talk to you in the evening please.", she sensed my discomfort because she started shaking her head.

"Whatever you say. Just so you know, I'm not going anywhere. So you better open up on your own", great now she wasn't ever going to let it go.

I grabbed a green apple and munched on it while reaching to my car. I saw Nick coming out of his house. On seeing me, he called out, "Lena, wait up."

I quickened up my steps, swung my car door open and climbed into it. I sped the car to school. I bet at this rate I could easily turn into a world-class F1 driver.

I quickly got down from the car and made my way to the locker. I saw Amy leaning on to it. Great, what an awesome start to an already awesome day! I didn't have energy for this. I decided to bypass her and walk to my class room. I started mixing in with a group of students going that way.

"Uh huh girl, are you trying to trick me?", she grasped my hand and turned me around.

"I don't have time for this Amy, I'm really late.", I snapped at her.

"Of course...The ugly duckling has suddenly become wanted...", she said, "Frankly speaking, I don't have time for you too. I came here just to warn you. Stay away from Jason and ask your sweetest boyfriend to stop hurting him. Otherwise the consequences won't be pleasant. His family is already peeved. I don't think you  would want another case on Nick", she continued.

"Why are you telling me this?", I really couldn't make out why she was saying this.

"Duh...Cause you are the only one he listens to. I can never understand what he sees in you", she made a disgusted face and then strutted away.

I stood there dumbfounded. Why could nobody see that Nick really didn't care about me that much. He couldn't even trust me. But I knew that, even if I would go around the entire school screaming at the top of my lungs, people wouldn't believe  me.

"Hey Elle, oh god you look awful", Meg shrieked in my ears.

"Gee...Thanks Meg", I went to my locker to collect my stuff.

"Are you ok? Is it the concussion?", she said.

"No Meg, I'm fine. Yesterday was a rough day. That's it. ", I assured her.

"Why what happened? Did you do something stupid?", she said with a serious face.

"Am I really that stupid?", I whispered.

"No stupid, I'm kidding.", she hit my arm playfully, "Common, let's go to class"

It was Chemistry. Meg and Andy were in my class. We walked to the class. Andy was already seated, playing with his pen.